Help with switching from Serato to TRaktor
    Tech Student

Default Help with switching from Serato to TRaktor

Wonder can anyone clarify something

For the last number of years im using Serato and have the Denon controllor, which is a superb peice of kit.
    My problem is that I often find myself playing loops, or messing around with Efc and a loop, but still I cant bring in a 3rd track, unless its a burned CDR, which defeats the purpose..

Thinking of switching to new Traktor Scratch Pro 2 in April
    but want to clarify something. If I buy 2 x X1 Controllors, use 2 timecode vinyl on 1210s, will I be able to play 4 decks, even though Im only using 2 Technics?
    Basically if I am looping a track on the fly, can I send that to a sample deck c or d and play around with it using an X1, whilst stopping the track playing on Deck A or B and cueing up a new track, which effectively will be 3 tracks playing? (or 4 if needs be) I think If i get just one X1, and use it for Deck C & D, I will lose the functionality of the efx etc for DECK A & B.

Sorry I am a total newbie to Traktor as always used Serato the last few years, but find 2 deck looping etc too restrictive

Hope I make sense
    If not please ask for info and try your best to help me out before I sell off my CDJs and Serato

you only really need 1 X1 and a little mapping to use 4 decks with 2 1200's and a X1. You can remap it to what ever you need it to do.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Student

Ok good...

How easy would it be to sworn between decks on the x1 without
    Going into settings on traktor on mac? As club I usually play at, laptop isn't right in front of me.

That's exactly what im wanting to do...except i have to wait til April for the Traktor Scratch Pro2 upgrade. Im all ready to go..mapped apc40, 4.ch pio djm3000, and 2x1200s.

this wait is killing me.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

Quote Originally Posted by savic04 View Post
    Ok good...

How easy would it be to sworn between decks on the x1 without
    Going into settings on traktor on mac? As club I usually play at, laptop isn't right in front of me.
    You wouldnt need to go into settings at all just map the x1 carefully. Loads of help on here how to do that.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Guru

switching between the decks is no problem you dont need to touch the settings mid set. just need to learn to midi map it.you can sort it in a long after noon. look in my sig for my book on midi mapping its free

Tech Student

Thanks guys...

Would a second x1 solve all the mapping and be easier to use?
    Should have enough cash from sale of cdjs n serato to cover both, not looking to make money, just swap hardware ..