HELP: Organizing Tags for MP3's (PC)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default HELP: Organizing Tags for MP3's (PC)

Hello All,

I am new to Traktor and have been a long time turntablist and serato/VDJ user. I now own an S4. Everything is fine, Im just going crazy with the browser and the library info! (I have been spoiled with VDJ!) Please help me with the best method.

I have a PC running WIN7, latest Traktor S4. I have never been iterested in a lot of ID3 Tag info. File Names with Track Title Info and Artist is plenty IMO. I have now loaded my entire library into traktor and a large portion of it cannot be read properly. The full filename, (Bloody Bootroots feat Steve Aoki - Warp 1.9 (130 BPM)) for example, fills completely into the "title" category.

I can assume this is a browser downfall not being able to read into the filename further. WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD OF EDITING TAGS ETC FOR TRAKTOR. I have a huge library and I cannot see myself going through the whole thing song by song editting. That is ludacris!!

Perferably...I DO NOT WANT TO USE ITUNES!! Thanks in advance!

Tech Wizard

I asked something similar here, check it out: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26328

Tech Wizard

Thanks man., Ill check it out. So many ppl just seem to resort to itunes and leave it at that. Its tough when you have to re-tag an ENTIRE library to meet the needs of a software!

Tech Wizard

Yeah no problem, I'm still trying to figure out the best way, I basically do need to re-organize my whole library from scratch but want to make changes to the original files themselves, not through iTunes or anything so that I can easily use multiple sources and have everything the exact way I want it, it will take ages but it has to be done lol! Let me know if you find out a helpful method to go about doing that here or on that post...

Tech Wizard

Your current tags must be screwed up. If they were standard id3v2.3 or id3v2.4 tags Traktor would read them just fine. The problem isn't with Traktor. I edit mine with mp3tag.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

Tech Convert

I'm also looking for a software to prepare and batch files before loading them in Traktor S4.

I prefer Wav-files for the audio-quality, but do Mp3tag support the Wav-format?

There is a list at the webpage of Mp3, but could not find Wav. Thats strange!

Wav has data structures for storing anything but there's no decent standard so that's why few use metadata inside WAV files. If someone thinks iTunes is adding metadata to WAV, that's true but only inside the iTunes database.

i just use itunes. works a charm
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you tell iTunes in preferences not to organize your music and not to create copies you can use whatever filing method you want to organize your music. I don't do it that way, but I'm 99.9999% when you do it that way and you make changes to the tags in iTunes it saves those changes to the file

You can select multiple files in iTunes and make batch edits to those files.

There is no solid way to get all the tag info in a wav and have it read across multiple programs.

iTunes integration in Traktor is its weakest link.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by mixt View Post
    I'm also looking for a software to prepare and batch files before loading them in Traktor S4.

I prefer Wav-files for the audio-quality, but do Mp3tag support the Wav-format?

There is a list at the webpage of Mp3, but could not find Wav. Thats strange!
    If you don't use iTunes, just convert wav>flac and tag all you want. Mp3tag has no problems with flacs that I could tell in over two years of using it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast