Hiphop heads?!

Thread: Hiphop heads?!

Tech Mentor

Exclamation Hiphop heads?!

Heres a hiphop mix made entirely of my own production (w/ a few non-hiphop tracks as well)

Have a listen and let me know what you all think.
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

Tech Guru

The first song I was like "Oh god this is gonna be awful" but when that beat at 4:00 kicked in I was like "FRESHHHH" haha. Some of your beats are awesome, some are lacking, but the mix is also very well done.

Tech Mentor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The first song I was like "Oh god this is gonna be awful" but when that beat at 4:00 kicked in I was like "FRESHHHH" haha. Some of your beats are awesome, some are lacking, but the mix is also very well done.
    Thanks man, I appreciate your honest input. I think the reason for some beats lacking and others being good, is the time apart between em. Like some beats are from 4-5yrs ago and others are from a few months. So its like my production in over the years has gotten better I think, you know?

But yea, even I can agree some of my beats are kind like "ehhhhhhhh nahh"
    when others are bangin ha ha
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e

Tech Mentor

Heres another one I did before it, all original production aswell.
    It's much older tho, but I think its worth checking out. maybe, haha

**NOTE: Before you go and tell me ” The quality of this mix is horrible ” I already know! Something happened during the rendering of the mix, it caused to have this distorted “bit crushed” type sound. Sorry

Tech Guru

I actually like the lo-fi compression on it, It gives it a Massive Attack vibe. And the Coldplay piano sample worked so well.

Your tracks have a 'Dan the Automator' alternative Hip Hop vibe to them, which as far as I'm concerned is the dogs danglies. I wish more people on this forum did this kind of stuff. It's always deadmau5 or dubstep, and it sounds absolutely gash 80% of the time.

Fresh and good! The beat at 22:00 is absolutely beasty. Find someone who can rap at high speeds and that could be fresh out the bumhole hot.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I actually like the lo-fi compression on it, It gives it a Massive Attack vibe. And the Coldplay piano sample worked so well.

Your tracks have a 'Dan the Automator' alternative Hip Hop vibe to them, which as far as I'm concerned is the dogs danglies. I wish more people on this forum did this kind of stuff. It's always deadmau5 or dubstep, and it sounds absolutely gash 80% of the time.

Fresh and good! The beat at 22:00 is absolutely beasty. Find someone who can rap at high speeds and that could be fresh out the bumhole hot.

Thanks man, a good portion of the beats on that mix have been bought from me. Here's a youtube video of the finished product for "Brighter Smile" which is also on this mix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7aO1Xlkaro

You make a good point, when you say "It's always deadmau5 or dubstep, and it sounds absolutely gash 80% of the time." I totally 100% agree ha ha.

I do both make/enjoy dubstep and electro house tho. haha

Tech Guru

Yeah I produce everything as well. When you do it right, it sounds good no matter the genre! And that track is great. Good vocals and a good beat, can't go wrong!