Something I wasn't aware of
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Something I wasn't aware of

Was going to post a comment on the main page under the new article Mr. Golden just posted entitled "Behind the Scenes with Joachim Garraud". I wasn't aware that you had to have a separate login name to do that now. I know there was discussion of change, but I didn't know the outcome or the reason for it. I don't know anything about disques, but it seems like a facebook/twitter thing & I'm not a fan of either of those.

I'm guessing the change was due to so many negative comments from before under the articles, is this right? What ended up being the benefit of having to register for a new login with disques? I guess in the end its probably better, but less convenient IMO. Anyways, here is my post:

Very impressed! Both with DJTT in this new series called Behind the Scenes, and with this guy Garraud. Even though I'm not a user, props to DJTT for giving Serato some love and showing one of their strengths.

Not really been into Serato since I've always been a Traktor user, but the first 2 videos are great promos for Serato and their capabilities to mix video. I enjoyed the way the first video started out with him playing One on the keytar. Look fwd to the next Behind the Scenes.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like the new commenting system and think it's done a great job keeping the trolls at bay.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Some still make it through, hiding behind assumed identities...........

Trollface says: "We will never surrender!!! Troll 4 life!!!"
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I think the blog is full of idiots.
    Some of those guys are complete dickwads and it spoils my enjoyment of the comments.

If i eva made a articel fro the blog i wud do loadz ov typos jus to annoy those whining likkle piss ants
    (see what i did there)

EAT MI TYPO

anonymity on the blog can get a little tenuous, but as a 4channer, it's easy to just skip over the trolls from my perspective :P

As for Chelan's comment, I quite agree. I've been a traktor user from the get go, but those were great promo vids for serato's video editing and controlling system.

I don't think I'd trade any of traktor's features for the ability to do that though.
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

I never bother with the comments any more, maybe I should give it another go since the rating thing's in place now. Got bored of reading small minded flamers. I find it curious that people are (in general) so much nicer on the forum than on the blog comments!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I never bother with the comments any more, maybe I should give it another go since the rating thing's in place now. Got bored of reading small minded flamers. I find it curious that people are (in general) so much nicer on the forum than on the blog comments!
    its becuase either
    a> they dont use the forums or
    b> they are all alter egos of forum members trying to cause trouble because they can!

@photojojo i wish their were less anonymity on the forums sometimes!

I'd support having to log into a forum account to comment, or submit comments for moderation first if not a member.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Some of those guys are complete dickwads and it spoils my enjoyment of the comments.

If i eva made a articel fro the blog i wud do loadz ov typos jus to annoy those whining likkle piss ants
    (see what i did there)

EAT MI TYPO
    Same here. It's not bad to use a spellchecker every now and than though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

(see what i did there)

EAT MI TYPO
    it annoyed the shit out of me reading that. Lol.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast