Traktor mapping issue

Default Traktor mapping issue

Hi,

I'm struggling with a (simple) mapping problem.

I would like to use the gater(or any other effect) mapped to different values.

So for example:

Knob A sets the gater effect amount to 0.6
    Knob B sets the gater effect amount to 0.8

Also I would like to map the same knobs to the Effect on button. So whenever you click knob A or B then the effect will be turned on and off when it is released.

Here I run into a problem. When I first press knob A and then quickly knob B then the effect is turned off instead of turned on. Only when there is small delay between pressing knob A and B then the effect is turned off and on.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Set the "fx on" function to button-hold instead of toggle.

Also, this question really belongs in the mapping sub forum
    So ya know for next time.

Thanks for reply. I have the effect on set to Hold. But it looks like it is not fast enough.

Ok, are u turning a knob, or pushing a button?
    If you are pushing a button, you would press the first one then continue holding it while you press the second one. when u release either one it will turn off.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Also, this question really belongs in the mapping sub forum
    So ya know for next time.
    Actually

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    This forum is only for posting midi mappings of software.

This forum is not for posting questions on how to map devices, or getting advice - if you have any questions about mapping something or need advice ask in the General Forum.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I stand corrected, thank you mr mod.

Been a long time since I read that, lol.

But, wouldn't it make more sense to have midi mapping questions etc. in that forum rather than general discussion? Of course I say this because in my lapse of memory about the mapping forum's purpose, I assumed that's what it was for.
    I guess I should read the name of the forum too, just noticed it said controller mappings not midi mapping hahaha.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 03-15-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks for reply.

That is why I posted my question in this folder.

But back to the issue:

I'm pushing a button. But when I push button A (1/8 gate) and then after one bar I push button B (1/16 gate) then the effect on is set to off unless there is a tiny gap between pushing button A and B.

Or when I push button A then followed by pushing button B without release button A. This will keep the effect on. But when I release Button, the effect is turned off. How can i prevent this?

Should I use modifiers or something for this? How is Ean doing this with his midi fighter. He also has gater effect.

Thanks
    Last edited by arjanpetersen; 03-15-2011 at 05:32 AM.

I have only been able to achieve what you want by using a knob or fader. You map it the same way, but because the signal sent is longer or repeated as you move the knob/fader it takes care of the problem. When using a button I have to either hold them down as we have already discussed. Or map the button to toggle, but you have to be quick to make switching between the two sound good, and it's not easy to do.
    Another option is to set up the first button to turn it on at the desired value, then use the knob/fader for that parameter to change the rate.