Mixing Transition tracks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Learn to beatmatch. To be honest if you know the exact bpm for both sections of the song (write it in the comments) you don't have to be any good at beat matching at all.

Just pick a tune, set it to the same bpm and then nudge it till it's correct.

You can learn to beat match track of the same bpm in about 30 mins. Easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    Guess no one else gets what you're asking, but i use transition tools a lot.

I beat grid normally at the start and set the bpm, so 120 in your case. I wait for the transition, and then wait to get a good bar or two in, then drop another grid and set the bpm as im playing and loading in the next track.

Edit: this allows me to use sync both at the start of the transition track when im mixing it after another track as well as at the end when bringing in the 90 bpm track.

It requires a little more concentration than normal, and you'll have to go back and reset the bpm to 120 the next time you use that track, but vie gotten used to it.
    this is what I used to do when I had TSP

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Be creative, you don't need to sync everything dude.
    This.

For example, freeze delay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w18hImPt8U

You can map this on your own controller by setting just one button to trigger the effect on, set to advanced effects, select the delay effect, set the amount of delay, and turn on the freeze delay button. If you have the VCI 100, it's included in the DJTT mapping I think.

Once, I saw Questlove DJ and he actually looped the slower song and faded it in under the fast song (which was already playing), then slowed down both songs in sync until the fast song was playing at the BPM of the slow song and the slow song was playing at its native BPM. Then he faded out the (formerly) fast song. It worked really well. I just wish I could remember what songs he was using. I'd had a few drinks by that point.

OH I SEE.

The song switches tempo mid song. Yeah, I would go for beat matching manually. Gonna have to learn some day!

this thread has prob the most info on transitional tracks http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ght=transition

search found a few others too but they were only a few posts long.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    itīs a differnce of 30 bmp...dunno if i would use sync for that...try to transition in a breakdown or use the delay effect for fancy fx transition, or just x-fade with the kick ending on first track and a snare starting on the second...and so on...the possibilties are endless
    +1
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Guru

i thought you could set multiple grids in traktor?

i've never bothered with it myself, in those instances i just do manual beatmatching.

if you know the second bpm of the tune is 90bpm, then just set your deckB track to 90bpm as well - easy enough yeah?

also

telling someone to beatmatch using a software that literally has "SYNC ME" written all over the box is kinda "wut?"
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i thought you could set multiple grids in traktor?

i've never bothered with it myself, in those instances i just do manual beatmatching.

if you know the second bpm of the tune is 90bpm, then just set your deckB track to 90bpm as well - easy enough yeah?
    you can have multiple grid "anchors" but only 1 BPM

technically, you can have as many bpms as you want - just change it on the fly.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12