Re install Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re install Traktor

Ive had a trouble with Tpro. After an hour or so it comes up with a warning telling me I am using an illegal copy. I checked my license in Service centre and it all ok. I put in a ticket with NI and they told me to reinstall Tpro. I realise this is a silly question, but how do I properly uninstall tpro and reinstall on my Mac. Im runing 10.6
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Delete from applications then install from the disk I imagine. You don't want to delete all the settings etc so just delete the Traktor application.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

NI's licensing scheme is bullshit, btw.

I'm not advocating that you steal it out right, but I definitely know people who own boxed versions of TP or TSP and had to resort to using cracked copies to be able to use it. And contrary to popular belief, the cracks are not unstable…I know people gigging several nights a week with cracks (and the box and receipt in their bag in case someone catches them or something). I'm not sure where that myth came from. Try it their way, but that is an option.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The issue that the OP is having is one that occurred with 1.2.1 only and is caused by Virus protection software flagging a false positive.

It was fixed in 1.2.2

Upgrade and the issue goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I know people gigging several nights a week with cracks (and the box and receipt in their bag in case someone catches them or something).
    That makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Just update and the issue is gone.

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

he was referring to using a crack even though you already own a licence, in order to avoid the glitch that occurred in 1.2.1.

I think that's technically legal.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

*sigh*

Am I wrong, karlito? Not that it's at all relevant following your last post, but all the same...

No, it's not legal. But it's also not even remotely wrong by any sane definition.

It's also usually not necessary. But, no…those issues are not isolated to one particular version or one particular flaw. I've seen people doing it with TPro S4 as well–it's not possible to own an S4 and not own a license to T Pro S4–and I've seen it on several other versions. And several other software packages.

I don't advocate out right theft, as I said in that post. It would be against the rules of this forum to post such an opinion. In addition, I did not tell him where or how to find a pirated copy. I believe that doing so would also be a violation of the forum rules.

In general, though…when it's harder to use software that you paid for than it is to steal it, something's wrong with the way the company's doing things. Neither I nor any rational person would have a problem with buying the software and just using the crack instead of jumping through pointless hoops that don't prevent unauthorized copying anyway.

Btw, NewManSoon…it honestly frightens me that you read that badly.
    Last edited by mostapha; 03-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast