Affordable headphone - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the hdj 500's work out at about 100 euro, that IMHO is far to expensive for a beginner/home DJ.
    i think a beginner shouldn't spend anymore than 50 quid on headphones,fair enough spend a bit more once they know they have the passion for djing
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    the hdj 500's work out at about 100 euro, that IMHO is far to expensive for a beginner/home DJ.
    i think a beginner shouldn't spend anymore than 50 quid on headphones,fair enough spend a bit more once they know they have the passion for djing
    yeah didnt get my first pair of good headphones till I knew I wanted to be a dj 100% and was like 2 years mixing with only mouse and keyboard
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

I got my 500s for £60.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Without knowing your budget…Sony MDR-7506. Loud, clear, good isolation, decent ruggedness, and cheap for dj headphones.
    +1 for 7506's or *cough* the very same Sony MDRV6's (apart from the gold plated plug and differing warranty).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_MDR-V6

I've had my V6's for over 10 years now and they are still kicking away like the day I bought them and comfortable as hell for long sessions.

Cheaper than that…any headphones work. Don't spend more than $20 if you're not going to spend at least $85…everything in between is worthless.
    Blasphemer !!!!! V6's can be had for under $60

Cool note about the V6. I didn't know that.

BTW, I'm not of the opinion that you should wait on decent headphones. It's hard to learn to mix when your primary source of information is a habitual liar.

I firmly believe that's the difference between (apparently) $60 headphones and $40 headphones. $200 headphones like the HD-25s aren't necessary…but if they fit, they're really comfortable…and apparently last forever.

If V6s are really that cheap…I'm probably going to get a pair just for the heck of it.

Headphone.com is a great resource and have reviews by experienced and respected people.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    MDR7506 are great
    Btw jojo, iirc you had ordered HD-25s to replace the Sonys. How do they compare? As I have stated somewhere else the 7506 are a bit bass-heavy for my tastes, so I might replace them somewhen...
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Goes without saying too ... beware of fakes, get them from a reputable source, I was lucky with mine which I got from a US ebayer for $46 + shipping in 2001, there's ALOT of crap available now.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1543716

When I started out I used to spend between 20-100 bucks every few months on various headphones which either broke, blew up weren't loud enough / closed enough for DJ'ing etc....

Ironically a pair of $10 "ROSS" headphones were bloody brilliant, really comfortable and LOUD and closed which I used for playing out for about 2 years until I finally blew up one of the drivers, but in fairness they were being whacked with 90% volume from a formula sound mixer 3 nights a week so think they paid for themself... could never find them again.

It also depends ALOT "how" you use them too.

Do you just mix on one ear, do you mix off the bass / mid / treble, do you mix both tracks on PFL etc....These are all factors to take into consideration when buying DJ phones too.

Good headphones are as worthy an investment as the best piece of gear you own and will probably stay with you longer .... having a pair blow up mid gig is no fun at all, having a really "nice" sounding pair only to play in a louder DJ booth than you are used to and not being able to hear them is equally bad (if not worse!)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Btw jojo, iirc you had ordered HD-25s to replace the Sonys. How do they compare? As I have stated somewhere else the 7506 are a bit bass-heavy for my tastes, so I might replace them somewhen...
    The HD 25II's are crisper sounding, not as bass heavy, but at the same time not as comfortable. I think this is mostly because they're an on ear design as opposed to the over the ear of the 7506's. That said My ears felt like they fatigued more with the 7506's after long periods. Maybe due to the heavier bass sound?

I also have some Ultrasone 650 Pro's that have their anti fatigue drivers, or whatever it is they call that, in them and I can tell a difference when using them for long periods between the 7506's and the HD25II's, but they're just to wide for my head so I didn't get very good isolation with them.

I mix almost exclusively in the headphones, when doing my shows so that's two hours straight with the headphones on. Doing it that way definitely contributes to the ear fatigue I say I can feel. If you're a one ear, on and off all the time DJ then you probably wouldn't notice any fatigue at all.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    I got a set of Sennheiser HD-205 II. Got them off Amazon for a bargain £17 (About 20 Euros or $28).

Loud, clear, good isolation and a booming bass. Also got the rotating ear cup to make DJing very easy with them!
    +1

I had the HD 205's for a while before I upgraded to the Pioneer's.

Comfortable, great sounding, quality affordable headphones.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast