Looking for "Vaudeville" Style Music
    Tech Convert

Default Looking for "Vaudeville" Style Music

I am working on a project where I need to find a few different songs that have that early 19th century Vaudeville style circus sounds or feel to it. Does any one know of any artists or track names off the top of their head? An example of the sounds that I am looking for would be Spencer & Hill Cantina vs. Bastian Van Shield.

Tech Guru

Wow, that track is an insult to the original. Thanks for ruining my night there mate.

On another note, just search for "swing house" genre.

OR look for jazz and remix it yourself!

Tech Convert

Haha I didn't say that the song was the best example of what I am looking for. Thanks for the info.

Tech Guru

It'd help if you told us what the project was? I know what you mean by vaudeville music, but a lot of that type of recorded music is from vinyls that are now possibly 110 years old. How many people who have 110 year old records do you think have a Vinyl to Digital set up? It's amazing to think recorded music has been around for over a century now... Wow.

Tech Convert

Well the project is part of a business plan that I don't want to say too much about since it has a lot of layers. But basically I am looking for some quality "vaudeville style" "early 20s" sounding electronic songs that a team of professional dancers can come up with a dance routine to. We are basically trying to reinvent vaudeville for 2011. I wanted to see if anyone knew of any artists or had any suggestions where to start. I think looking more into swing house might be the answer.