Duo DJ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duo DJ?

Default Duo DJ?

What exactly is the purpose of having a partner for DJing? What would each person's role be?

Tech Mentor

Have somebody to shake it for you after your done draining the snake? IDK

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Four hands are better than two. Each would have similiar styles, but still be different bringing a unique sound to your set.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

depends really.. some dj duo's are because they are production partners.. some duos have one person mixing while the other does effects or synths or sax over the top.. some take it it turns mixing

i used to dj in a duo with a mate.. we'd played the same sort of music but liked different producers and we'd go track for track or i play 3 he played 3...

a duo can work any way you want it to, and duos exist for many different reasons!

Tech Mentor

One mixes while the other tries to find a duo for them to take home.. if person #1 fails than they switch things up.. one person mixes while the other gets more beer.. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    One mixes while the other tries to find a duo for them to take home.. if person #1 fails than they switch things up.. one person mixes while the other gets more beer.. etc.
    I like you sir!

A friend of mine who DJs and has his own company now as well duo DJs simply because it's easier. As in if he wants to / needs to use the rest room, get a snack or something there is someone there who can take over for a while, and vice versa.

Tech Wizard

There was a duo who came and did a set at my college a few months ago. They did a lot of live mashup type stuff which worked pretty well and was a lot of fun (in terms of a top40/partyish set). One guy would do sort of the main mixing and the other put acapellas, sound effects, and synth type stuff over it. Then they'd switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    What exactly is the purpose of having a partner for DJing? What would each person's role be?
    If you ask me it makes it more fun, having a DJ partner will always have you explore/approach your music in a different way as you would all by yourself.

And of course you can laugh or talk through tracks before and after transitioning.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    If you ask me it makes it more fun, having a DJ partner will always have you explore/approach your music in a different way as you would all by yourself.

And of course you can laugh or talk through tracks before and after transitioning.
    exactly this

I so love to spin with my mate eric! It's good to have a person spinning with you who you really can trust track selection wise! We both started spinning music at the same time so we are
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast