2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX - Page 12
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Hi mate. Gotta say, cracking mapping! Works like a dream on my custom PC running OSX and Traktor Pro 2.

However, I've a Windows 7 laptop and ran into issues with this when using the laptop with a VCI-100, Launchpad, external hard drive and Audio2DJ. The laptop's spec is fine (2GHz Core 2 Duo and 2GB RAM). However, with your mapping imported, Traktor Pro 2 crashes on startup at the "initializing" screen. In fact, it crashes my entire laptop and not just Traktor.

I put a thread here about it: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d=1#post279733

Any chance you can shed any light on the issue or what may be causing it?

Cheers again for all your excellent work!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Sorry to hear you are having issues I haven't tested my latest mapping on pc but do have one here with similar specs as yours will test out in a few.and report back. What version of the mapping are you using?
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

*TESTED ON*
    Toshiba Satelite L645D
    AMD Turion II P520 Dual-Core
    2.3GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7 (64Bit)
    Traktor 2.0.1
    JWLPF 2.1

Working fine booted with:
    Launchpad JWLPF 2.1
    Kontrol X1
    WD500GB External HD
    Audio 10
    (2) Pioneer CDJ400 (USB Native)

The problem may lie within your PC and USB Port or a conflict between 2 of your controllers.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

It's definitely the .tsi that's causing the problem. If I delete the .tsi, and start up Traktor with the same 4 devices it works fine.

The only time it crashes is with the 4 devices connected and using your .tsi files for the launchpad. Very confusing!

I am using the newer version (I assume). I downloaded from TraktorFreaks and the extra updated section from the mediafire link you got on there in the comments section. Going to try your older mapping tonight and another mapping to see if they crash it too. Hopefully by tonight I'll know if it's a PC/hardware issues or your .tsi issue.

By the way, the laptop specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
    Core 2 Duo 2GHz
    2GB RAM
    80GB SATA HDD
    with the connected items being:
    500GB WD My Passport external drive
    Vestax VCI-100 1.4FW
    NI Audio2DJ
    Novation Launchpad
    Last edited by Bunford; 05-05-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    It's definitely the .tsi that's causing the problem. If I delete the .tsi, and start up Traktor with the same 4 devices it works fine.

The only time it crashes is with the 4 devices connected and using your .tsi files for the launchpad. Very confusing!

I am using the newer version (I assume). I downloaded from TraktorFreaks and the extra updated section from the mediafire link you got on there in the comments section. Going to try your older mapping tonight and another mapping to see if they crash it too. Hopefully by tonight I'll know if it's a PC/hardware issues or your .tsi issue.

By the way, the laptop specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
    Core 2 Duo 2GHz
    2GB RAM
    80GB SATA HDD
    with the connected items being:
    500GB WD My Passport external drive
    Vestax VCI-100 1.4FW
    NI Audio2DJ
    Novation Launchpad
    The latest mapping has a newer version of the tsi in the mediafire link
    did you try just the ones in the package? Im headed over now to remove that link.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    The latest mapping has a newer version of the tsi in the mediafire link
    did you try just the ones in the package? Im headed over now to remove that link.
    It's a bit confusing at to which link is the newest, full package by now. Is it the one on here a few post/pages back inthis thread, or the one on TraktorFreaks?

Traktorbible

Cheers. Will download the one fron the main "download" button there tonight and try it again and see what happens.

Just tried the newer version and same problem. Crashed Traktor and entire laptop as soon as they're imported and Launchpad chosen as in/out.

Trying a different one now to see if same happens.

EDIT: Tried a couple of different ones and they made my system crash too. So, seems like a hardware issue. What a pain in the backside! Back to square one now of trying to find the issue. Any ideas/anyone else had similar????
    Last edited by Bunford; 05-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Try reinstalling Traktor