2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX - Page 19
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tombarton View Post
    I was about to get a midi fighter when I saw this thread and now I'm thinking a launchpad could be a good alternative! I use an S4 now and really wanted the instant gratification mapping on a midi fighter to go with it but am I right in thinking this has all the features of the MF's mapping? The super combos etc?

Also can someone tell me what the pads of the Launchpad are like? Are they as responsive as the MF? Can I bash away at hotcues as well as I could on arcade buttons?

I do mess around on ableton so this could be an attractive option but the feeling of the pads is important to me.

thanks
    There was a fairly recent ish Midifighter competition and I believe it was someone using a Launchpad that won it. So yeah, I guess it can be as responsive and able to bash away at the buttons.

Mine is fun anyway!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

instead of making another tsi I will guide you thru how to add the tt stop fx. This way you can learn a little bit at the same time.

1. Open configuration inside Traktor (The Gear Icon)
    2. Find Controller Management on the left
    3. Select the "JWLPMF_TR" from Device Management at the top
    4. In The "Assignment Table" Click the "Control" tab field so they are A-Z by control
    5. Find the command "Effect 3 select" for "FX Unit 1"
    6. Change the "Lo-Fi" to "Turntable FX"
    7. Repeat steps 1-6 with "JWLPMP_TL"
    8. Mash buttons!
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    I found some spare time and decided to make a new version for those having issues with LED messages. This version is constant on at brightest state. I changed the beatphase monitor to a more simple in/out. Please let me know if this solves your issues. Cheers!
    will try this out tonight and let you know how it works but thanks a lot mate for putting this mapping together, really appreciate your efforts!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    There was a fairly recent ish Midifighter competition and I believe it was someone using a Launchpad that won it. So yeah, I guess it can be as responsive and able to bash away at the buttons.

Mine is fun anyway!
    i love the LP but in terms of button repsonse it will not be as good as a MF as the arcade button are super resonsive and you can hammer them ridiculously quickly.

the thing i dont like about the LP is the "double push" feeling you get from the pads which sometimes doesnt make them feel as responsive as they could be.

if your in the UK it will be cheaper and easier to get an LP. I want a MF but its the order time and the added cost of shipping to the UK (+ taxes) thats putting me off at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    will try this out tonight and let you know how it works but thanks a lot mate for putting this mapping together, really appreciate your efforts!
    You bet man! Let us know how it works out. I am currently working on touching up my original mapping use less feedback and changing the beatphase monitor.
    MBP | TRAKTOR 2.6 | 4TRAK | ORBIT | LAUNCHPAD | KONTROL X1 | KONTROL F1 |KONTROL Z1| XONE XD53

Tech Mentor

has there been anymore updates to this file since the beginning? Besides the TP2 release update..

Quote Originally Posted by dj sterilize View Post
    has there been anymore updates to this file since the beginning? Besides the TP2 release update..
    Yeah a few bug fixes, changed a few fx, and a revision for LED problems. I will be releasing a new version with all the updates after the weekend.

Tech Mentor

Hi, what role is bomes's playing in this setup? Is there any technical reasons why this mapping cant be done without it?

Quote Originally Posted by drmore View Post
    Hi, what role is bomes's playing in this setup? Is there any technical reasons why this mapping cant be done without it?
    Its not needed with T2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jhyphinwill View Post
    Its not needed with T2
    cool as ....
    So does the latest version you posted for t2 need bomes? I would just test it but I'm in work.