Best Voice Synthesizer/Robo-voice

Default Best Voice Synthesizer/Robo-voice

Just wondering what's the best thing to use as a robo-voice/voice synthesizer?

Looking to watermark mixes etc so just need something that I can make it sound half decent and not like a kids toy.

To give an ideas, I quite like the ones used by Simian Mobile Disco on the first track or two of their Attack Decay Sustain Release album.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

You can "Robotize" your own voice by using Ableton's vocoder, just google "ABleton Vocoder" and you should get a tutorial. Otherwise you can use a variety of websites which will generate robotic voices for you however many of them cost if you want to get all the copyright issues sorted out.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

You want a vocoder. Ableton has one. Electrix made some hardware ones that were really cool that you might be able to find for cheap (called the Warp Factory). Or you could buy a copy of AutoTune.

Or just google "vocoder plugin."

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Didn't a recent article use the Build-In-Ones from OS X? Or did I read that somewhere else?
    Depending of your definition of kids-toys, you may want to try the ones provided by your OS, though you need a bit of tinkering with the filters and stuff to make them sound not quite as flat.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Ideally I'm looking for one where I don't have to record my own voice. I know you can get some online using computerised/pre recorded voices.

I think maybe Fruity Loops has one too that will red the text you put in, but I've a mental block with Fruity Loops and take it as nothing more than a kids toy so refuse to use it, he he
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x