serving mixes on my own web host
    Tech Convert

Default serving mixes on my own web host

I already pay for my own web hosting and I wanted to use it to host my (and my friends') mixes on there.

I tried using OpenTape (http://opentape.fm/), but it's really barebones and there seems to be no more development on it.

Is there any open-source software that provides similar functionality to Mixcloud/Soundcloud that I could host myself?

Tech Convert

I'm still looking for an open-source self-hosted solution. For now just posting MP3 files on the web server and linking to them. But I would like a nicer interface that's geared towards showcasing my mixes... has anyone found something that does this? Or repurposed some other web app/blogging software for doing this?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If you are on wordpress....

http://wpaudio.com/ is a really nice lil player and simple to implement, gives you a streaming and download option, a lil like soundcloud.

More the problem is a decent host to stream from, e.g. godaddy/hostgator arent really up to the task for more than one or unless you are going dedicated servers.

I found vexxhost really good in this regard for shared hosting as they have dedicated multimedia servers for any streaming / downloadable content split off from the regular webhosting servers, they also enable every freaking plugin under the sun for multimedia unlike alot of other hosts.

Dirt cheap too BTW @ about $45 bucks a year and it hasn't gone down on me once :-O

Wordpress is the way to go. There are loads of plugins and you can do pretty much whatever you want.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Convert

Thanks all. I hadn't found a WP media player plugin I liked but that WPAudio one is great.