Standalone mixer controller?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Standalone mixer controller?

I cannot believe I can't find this... Does anyone know of ANY midi controller modelled after a mixer, that has a built in sound card?
    I want to just get a Behringer CMD- MM1 when they come out, but it doesn't have a sound card, so I'd have to get an Audio-6....

Is there a SINGLE other mixer controller with outputs?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Native Instruments S4, Vestax VCI-400 and Denon DNMC6000. Do you want to do something specific that those dont do?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

^^yea, but I think he's looking for something cheaper, because the one he was about to buy was like $150. The ones you mentioned are all at or around a grand.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You'll be outlaying a pretty penny for something like the MM with a sound card.

Korg Zero4
    Denon X1600
    Ecler Evo
    Allen and Heath DB4/2
    Pioneer DJM900

I would say the Xone DX if you manage to get a deal, 20ch sound card and A&H goodness, the price seems to have gotten high again though.

Cheapest of the bunch is probably the American Audio DV2 USB - 2 channel mixer with sound card and midi

Native Instruments S4, Vestax VCI-400 and Denon DNMC6000
    If he's looking at the MM1 I'm guessing he's not really looking for a DJ controller more a mixer (or he could go with the CMD Studio 4a for $299)

Thanks Deevey, that's pretty much all I was able to find too. Why doesn't this seem to exist? This seems crazy to me. There are $200 all in-in one controllers that have sound cards. All I want is that minus the deck controls.

I'm figuring out what my set up will be when the Kontrol F1 and Midifighter 3D come out. What I want is a F1 or MF3D (haven't decided yet) on either side of a mixer... but I think it's stupid that I'd have to purchase and carry around a sound card as well. Has nobody ever found a need for this before?

Seriously, my best idea right now is buying a CMD- MM1 when it comes out, and modding an Audio 6 into the case, if it'll fit...

Tech Mentor

the vms4 is a full mixer, and 4 deck controller. and 8x8 interface and i happen to be selling mine in perfect condition for $350

Tech Mentor

I'm not sure of the potential popularity of such a device... I mean what you appear to be asking for is

A midi controller with a built in sound card for... software mixing? with no transport controls or deck controls?

You are better off just buying a cheap midi controller with built in sound card. Vestax typhoon, mixtrack pro etc and just ignore the jog wheels.

XONE:K2 if you want a micro setup, It has an inbuilt 4 out soundcard (master & headphones), no crossfader "but crossfaders are for scratch dj's and noobs imo", there is three layers, so you could use it for a two channel mixer with advanced transport, a four channel mixer with basic transport, and a sampler all in the one device, you could map it any other way but that's what I'm going to do with it.

Last edited by synthet1c; 03-22-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    XONE:K2 if you want a micro setup, It has an inbuilt 4 out soundcard (master & headphones), no crossfader "but crossfaders are for scratch dj's and noobs imo", there is three layers, so you could use it for a two channel mixer with advanced transport, a four channel mixer with basic transport, and a sampler all in the one device, you could map it any other way but that's what I'm going to do with it.

That's what I was thinking after my post.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast