DJM-900 Nexus, the "industry standard"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ctrld

Default [FAIL] DJM-900 Nexus, the "industry standard"

not so much, apparently.

http://www.housecontainer.nl/blog/ab...us-recall.html

Bax Shop, a Dutch DJ Gear shop, has discovered that with certain headphones plugged into the mixer, the entire DJM-900 no longer works. It looks like this is related to the headphone impedance.

My guess is that Pioneer can’t solve this with a firmware update and that all mixers need to undergo a revision, since all shops are asked to send their stock back to Pioneer. This is unfortunate for all people who preordered their mixer and of which some already received it. They probably will be asked to send it back too. They could just try to find out which headphone to use and which not to. But this sounds like a tricky situation in which I wouldn't want to find myself.
    poor James, I hope he uses the right headphones.
    Last edited by ctrld; 03-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.

ctrld

the guys at behringer are probably already biting their nails "holy shit how can we top this, even we don't usually fail that hard?!"

i'm pretty surprised that something like that happened! that seems a little silly that headphone impedance can ruin an entire mixer!

as for behringer, well their next model looks almost exactly the same as the djm-900, so maybe they already thought of that kind of mishap and put it in already
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

whoa.... major fail!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Halukar View Post
    as for behringer, well their next model looks almost exactly the same as the djm-900, so maybe they already thought of that kind of mishap and put it in already
    a little piece of c4 wired to the on/off switch should do the trick...

Tech Mentor

Seeing as the DJM-900 hasnt even begun shipping worldwide and the ones being recalled are the store demo models, i highly doubt this will effect the popularity of the mixer for club installs.

This shouldn't be a big problem. I mean, everyone uses the HDJ-2000, right?

Next step? Maybe Pioneer blames other headphone manufacturers that their products aren't good/industry-standard enough to use with Pioneer mixers.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    This shouldn't be a big problem. I mean, everyone uses the HDJ-2000, right?

Next step? Maybe Pioneer blames other headphone manufacturers that their products aren't good/industry-standard enough to use with Pioneer mixers.
    Jesus this wouldn't surprise me.

"Be sure to only use Pioneer branded headphones for best mixer performance!"

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by peedot View Post
    Seeing as the DJM-900 hasnt even begun shipping worldwide and the ones being recalled are the store demo models, i highly doubt this will effect the popularity of the mixer for club installs.
    oh, I was never arguing that. pioneer's brainwashing, unlike their hardware, is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by levvis View Post
    "Be sure to only use Pioneer branded headphones for mixer performance!"
    fixed. even translated it to engrish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast