Help!! Pioneer ddj-t1 or the S1 or the S4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

to everyone who has posted with the NI S4 does it come pre mapped, so you just need to plug install and play

Plug & Play, just like the Pioneer controllers.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

And on a Mac it's real Plug & Play, not Plug & Pray...
    MacBook Pro / Dell XPS - S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - CDJ2000 - DJM900 Nexus - TMA-1 - Technics SL1200 MKII - Rodec MX 180

http://soundcloud.com/dj-pablo-korsou
    http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/DJ_Pablo_S/

Tech Guru

Not sure if its been mentioned since im too lazy to check and on my phone, but im guessing the reason the serato controller costs more is because it probly comes with serato, whereas the traktor controller is just a controller
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

yeah but the pioneer ddj-t1 comes with traktor and is a controller with 4 channels at £800 and the pioneer ddj-s1 comes with serato only 2 channels and is £1099, the only major difference i see other than the obvious (software and channels) is the S1 has the needle drop funcion with a LED track place indicator above the needle drop

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Fairly big price tag, completely inappropriate controls for TPro 2, platters basically taken off the CDJ-400 instead of one of their real players……
    Exaaaaaactly. For a big player such as Pioneer, why they didnt designed their controller to be more future proof? Like they should have went to NI and tell them "Hey we are Pioneer and we are making one of those MIDI controllers. What will be the new stuff coming up to design my thing around that."

Either Pioneer did nothing or NI didnt helped or maybe trolled Pioneer or something happened. Problem is they designed the controller just pretty much around old Traktor Pro making the Pioneer T1 the best controller of the soon-to-be old version of Traktor. Maybe if it were released a year ago, history would be quite different.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

. For a big player such as Pioneer, why they didnt designed their controller to be more future proof? Like they should have went to NI and tell them "Hey we are Pioneer and we are making one of those MIDI controllers. What will be the new stuff coming up to design my thing around that."
    Because based on the uptake of ppl going the entire digital route next year or so they will prob release a "pro" version which will have 800/1000 style platters at double the price

Can just imagine NI's reply .... "Oh really, did you by chance see that we do that too"

Quote Originally Posted by StevieDee'j View Post
    well one of the things i am dying to know, is why is the Pioneer ddj-s1 £300 pound more than the S4 and T1 even though it dosnt seem to have anymore features than either
    Your paying for the Serato and the Pioneer name

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kontrol View Post
    And on a Mac it's real Plug & Play, not Plug & Pray...
    quit with the fud, windows hasnt had plug and play issues since windows 98.

which according to the sun, was 12 years ago.

if i remember correctly, at the time, the best mac you could buy were those god awful bondi blue imacs that could browse the web, and not much else. at blazingly fast 28.8 dialup modem speeds on aol. (which they installed by default).

also of note. the default web browser on those imacs, was internet explorer.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

well it looks like its decided, Im heading away from my pioneer roots over to the NI s4, ill still go have a feel but its pretty much decided, once i get it i'll drop a mix straight away, does traktor have record feature to record your mixes from the programme

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast