Help!! Pioneer ddj-t1 or the S1 or the S4 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Convert

Oops... I just noticed that the S4 is the winner :P. Well, have fun with your new S4! (or when you get it... prolly best wait for Traktor 2)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KennyEpstein View Post
    Oops... I just noticed that the S4 is the winner :P. Well, have fun with your new S4! (or when you get it... prolly best wait for Traktor 2)
    hehe no bother kenny i am well used to the cdj's now + if your looking for some cdj's look no further, click this link

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26801

+ the reason i got the cdj's is because all the bars i was djin in used them

Quote Originally Posted by KennyEpstein View Post
    NI's S4 is the way to go by far if a controllerism style of djing is what you're after. The hotcues and sample decks are amazing, and are very nicely placed right under the jog wheel.
    +1

Controller: Reloop Digital Jockey Master Edition
    Laptop: Acer Travelmate 4101 Wlmi (WinXP)
    Dj Software: Traktor Pro

The serato version is heavier and more pricey bc RANE drivers are the ONLY drivers you can push serato through. Their boxes are heavy and expensive, but sturdy and stable.

Serato is cool. I love pioneer. That said, NI is no "wildcard". They are a solid company with a bright future. The S4 is plug/play for all NI apps, you can use their internal audio 8ish device to I/O all audio. My old SL3 was useless as a general sound card and I bet S1 is as well. I mean, if you aren't using serato the audio device is useless. With S4, audio 8 etc it also functions as a general system accessible I/O. It's important to have this ability. Less objects, less cost and more function. Use it for iTunes thru your speakers when not mixing, for example.

Try both or all three, but buy the S4. It's a tank. I've been a Dj since 1999 (gigging) and tried it all. Owned all of the apps and devices along the way. Traktor is epic lately & the S4 does it all.

Plus, traktor timecode is 2x more precise than serato and NI midi is a proprietary high resolution. Go for it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345