Good studio monitors.
    Tech Wizard

Default ..........

Last edited by djshemeck; 05-08-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Tech Mentor

You'll probably get these three:

Mackie (Don't know much about them)
    KRK RP6's or RP8's (I own the RP8's, they're golden)
    KRK VXT series (Friend of mine uses them for production uses only, he says theyre better for production than the KRK's)

I have the RP6's and can recommend them. Great little boxes. Hard to believe so much great sound can come out of such little speakers.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I agree with scamo!! I own rp6s and they are amazing...great sound and very loud
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

First: figure out, how much money you want to spend. Then go to the store, take a CD with you (with a couple of tracks you know well) and listen to all the speakers in your pricerange. Then make a decision based on what sounds best to you.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by djshemeck View Post
    I have noticed that the difference in price between RP6 and RP8 is only $50. Is it worth to pay 50 extra per speaker?
    I could only imagine you'll get just a bit more bass out of the 8s. They only have ~20 watts more power (both HF and LF) than the 6s.

But my former poster's advice is good. Try to listen for yourself and stay within your budget.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

i have the yamaha hs50m - the best purchase in my life!
    I am dead serious

I do have the krk rp5 as well but i find it a tad too bassy to my liking, so i hook it up with my dj console instead of for production haha
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

+1 on yamaha's my friend has hs80m's they are really good. One of his Yamaha's hissed but has since been repaired (apparently a faulty transistor) but this is a common problem with hs80m's.
    I have some tannoy system 800 8" dual concentric passive monitors which are also awesome.

Would definitely go out and listen to as many as you can before you buy though. Especially if shops have a listening room, at some of my local music stores there isn't anywhere quite enough to really listen properly.