Help!! Pioneer ddj-t1 or the S1 or the S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

if your a cdj dj, go with the DDJ-1 and itch. you'll feel right at home. and no, pioneer nor serato paid me to say this!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Newcastle in what state/country?

Check out the NS7, you won't be sorry.

This place is un Newcastle... I just googled it. http://www.soundware.co.uk/info/store_newcastle.php
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I went to the shop today to "touch" the Pioneer ddj-t1 and the NI S4, and my SUBJETIVE opinion is that the NI S4 is designed for Traktor and aimed for more advanced Traktor users than the Pioneer.
    The Pioneer is way bigger!! (i mean less portable), has less controls, probably best finished/more eye candy (ondepending on taste).
    The two of them are beyond my price scope, but if money werent an issue i would choose S4 for Traktor advanced mixing and Pioneer for Serato more classical mixing

(note: ive said SUBJETIVE because im not an advanced user of Traktor)
    Just my 0,2€ hehe

Controller: Reloop Digital Jockey Master Edition
    Laptop: Acer Travelmate 4101 Wlmi (WinXP)
    Dj Software: Traktor Pro

i went from the same set up as u, 1st i got 2 X1's, then i bought a vestax vci100 to with em, now ive decided i wanted/needed the S4 and im so glad i got it cos its the bollox mate lol... absolutely the best bit of kit ive bought couldnt be happier with it, and its set for traktor unlike the pioneer controller, thats why i went for the S4 cos i wanted something that just worked straight forward with traktor and the S4 does...
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

^^^^ s4 ftw.

shits beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    This place is un Newcastle... I just googled it. http://www.soundware.co.uk/info/store_newcastle.php
    This is where I get my gear from, cracking little place

If I were buying an all-in-one controller, I'd get the S4…no question. The xone:dx used to be a contender, but…meh.

I don't like either of the Pioneer controllers. On the DDJ-S1, you're paying a lot of money (apparently, about 300 quid) for Serato's license. Itch is fine software. I've played with it–with other controllers–briefly, and I didn't have any complaints. But, meh. IMHO, Traktor is a bit better. And comparing it to the S4 means that all of the "plug and play" benefits of the Itch stuff go out the window.

I honestly think the DDJ-T1 is a joke. Fairly big price tag, completely inappropriate controls for TPro 2, platters basically taken off the CDJ-400 instead of one of their real players……meh. It's made for hobbyists at most, which is fine. But it's too expensive for that. Hobbyists don't buy pioneer, and they should know that.

Out of those 3, the S4 is IMHO the only legitimate option. I still don't like it that much, because I think it's lacking on knobs and I hate the short faders, but it's not a bad piece for what you want.

I don't feel comfortable saying that about the Pioneer units…and I used to hate native instruments. So, yeah….

Good luck.

Tech Guru

as a former itch user i say get an s4. its been the single best purchase i ever made as a digital dj.

with that and a midi fighter, theres simply nothing else youll need as a digital dj.

if you care about having a badass set with minimal stress while youre playing, youll rock an s4. its as simple as that.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Wow, thanks for all the responses, its looking like the s4 seems to be everyone's front runner + you cant grumble they are giving you a free upgrade to traktor pro 2 (i hope traktor 2 has been tested well) i still dont think anyone has spun on the pioneers whos dropped an opinion, i have 1700 to spend so any idea's what would compliment it, i was thinking of a new laptop specifically for music (but i already have a 5* sony viao)

I must add i am gutted to get shot of my 1000's

also thanks for the shop in town, ill go take a look

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast