making a transition from 120bpm to 124bpm (traktor pro) - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

its very simple. If deck A is @120 BPM and deck B is at 124 BPM. And you want Deck A to match up with deck B, you have 3 choices. 1. Beat match manually and Higher the pitch on Deck A until its at 124 BPM's. 2. Hit the sync button. Meet the bpm's 1/2 ways and set both to 123 bpms.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

So aside from this guy's thread just blowing up....I've been pitching about half way up to the next song and then pitch half way down so neither song sounds out of tune. Does anyone eelse do this or recommend this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigUns View Post
    What's right with it? Horrible gassy shite
    Haha quite true.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    So aside from this guy's thread just blowing up....I've been pitching about half way up to the next song and then pitch half way down so neither song sounds out of tune. Does anyone eelse do this or recommend this?
    yes, that was one of the answers before shit got out of hand. Use key lock, then you don't need to worry about anything going out of tune!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I really dont like keylock... songs always sound wrong with it on imo...

It's fine for minute adjustments but i'd just rather have it off.

no key lock with vinyl
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

im not going to bother reading all the stuff i missed.

but is this thread really 5 pages long?

did OP REALLY just ask how to deal with a BPM difference of FOUR
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post

that works. but it's not the only approach.

to you and other newbs who check out this thread, if you get one thing from it it's this - put on your thinking cap and figure out other ways to do it yourself before asking for help.

figuring out super basic techniques like transitioning between tracks that only have a difference of 10 bpm or so are best figured out by yourself so that you start programming yourself how to become more advanced without having your hand held through the entire process.

otherwise once you've learned the basic techniques from other people and a handful of advanced techniques from tutorials - you won't grow from there because you didn't learn the most valuable "technique" which is experimenting/problem-solving to develop your own approach.

there are no tutorials or djtt threads that will teach you problem solving and ingenuity - you learn those skills from throwing yourself into the wolves without google.com and djtt as a lifejacket.

oh theory, do read it, it's been loads of fun!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by digiman08 View Post
    track 1 = 120 bpm
    track 2 = 123 bpm
    track 3 = 126 bpm
    track 4 = 130 bpm

When I mix track 1 into 2 and I press the sync button
    track 2 reverts to track 1's bpm.

If I mix all the tracks I stay on 120bpm even though track 4 is 130bpm.

How do you get around this transitional issue?
    I believe it's called "pitch fader".

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    that works. but it's not the only approach.

to you and other newbs who check out this thread, if you get one thing from it it's this - put on your thinking cap and figure out other ways to do it yourself before asking for help.

figuring out super basic techniques like transitioning between tracks that only have a difference of 10 bpm or so are best figured out by yourself so that you start programming yourself how to become more advanced without having your hand held through the entire process.

otherwise once you've learned the basic techniques from other people and a handful of advanced techniques from tutorials - you won't grow from there because you didn't learn the most valuable "technique" which is experimenting/problem-solving to develop your own approach.

there are no tutorials or djtt threads that will teach you problem solving and ingenuity - you learn those skills from throwing yourself into the wolves without google.com and djtt as a lifejacket.
    Someones high and mighty...I have alot of respect for alot of ppl on this forum but if your honestly only going to add that to a thread then why even post? I don't think I've ever commented or asked for advice from anyone on this forum other than buying equipment but apparently I won't ask again.

So from your statement all I've gained is that these forums are useless because experienced dj's can't give advice to up and coming dj's? Whats the point of the forums then? Just rag on all the new guys?

Why don't you just not comment and all of us newbies can collaborate to figure this stuff out on our own...I wasn't asking for 'king of the tables' opinion, just a general answer from other ppl trying to figure it out.

/I hope your a mod or something so you can ban me because I honestly didn't think djtt was like this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast