Quick (probably noob) Timecode Question
    Tech Wizard

Default Quick (probably noob) Timecode Question

Current setup: VCI-100SE, X1, A8DJ, TSP

New Addition: Stanton T.60

Basically want to use timecode and use the VCI for internal mixing and X1 for effects, etc. How would I go about setting this up? Is this doable with this setup? I've never used timecode so that's why I'm a bit confused. I would like to have Deck A on timecode and Deck B running tracks from the Traktor library too if that's doable and since I only have one turntable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

you would have to run one deck in Internal mode and one deck in Scratch mode. I think the settings would be something like:

Mixing mode: Internal
    Deck A: Scratch mode (turntable plugged into input A on A8DJ)
    Deck B: Internal mode

Choose whatever output you want to be your main out on the A8DJ.

I think the tricky part here might be the mapping on the VCI because putting Deck A into scratch mode will make jog wheel A not do anyting..i suppose you couse remap it for effects or something. I've never tried this but I hope it helps!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Tech Wizard

Thanks, I'll try that out, I'm just not sure how to connect just the one cable with the multicore cables and if it's doable with just the A8DJ since all info on the manual shows it connecting to a mixer.

while we are asking the time code questions and all, can you have one turn table/'cdj and have it so it controls the focus deck ?

If you're only using 1 timecode, just plug it all in as per the instructions in the manual but don't bother with the second cable.

Then just setup your output settings so that the master out is on whichever output channel of the A8 you've used, and the timecode input is on whichever input channel you've used.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    while we are asking the time code questions and all, can you have one turn table/'cdj and have it so it controls the focus deck ?
    I don't think you can assign it to focus, but you can map a key to assign a particular input channel to scratch control on a specific deck.

Add in > Timecode > Assign scratch control.

You'll probably also want to set the same key to switch the deck to timecode mode, and the other deck to internal mode. Let me know if it works!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot, I'll try that out right now and see if it works out. I wouldn't need the jog wheels for Deck A on my VCI if I use timecode for that deck as ANok? mentioned so that shouldn't be an issue. I was just confused with the connecting it all together, I think I'll need an extra RCA which I don't have at the moment but if it works out I'll let you guys know.

Tech Wizard

I did a quick test and set it up perfectly, I can control Deck A with my turntable and EQ+ Deck B, C, D with the VCI + the X1. I need to pick up an extra RCA so could only hear it working via headphones. Just tried it on one deck, not sure if about the changing of deck focus.