EQing and gain levels for rock and house mix

Default EQing and gain levels for rock and house mix?

I'm working on this mix and am wondering how it sounds to everyone else as far as EQ and the gain settings in Traktor. My stereo is not how you say...hi fi.. and my headphones lack low end response. That being said, the mix sounds OK in the headphones, but a little rough in the midrange on my stereo.

The 128.006bpm Deadmau5 track is played (with key lock) at the faster Dope track's beat at 128.57bpm. I first evened out the gains on what I thought sounded like the lesser of the two evils between the volume differences of the loud and the soft parts of the mix. On Sofi's parts, I turn the highs up about 2% and the mids about 6% as that is where her voice shines through the most I feel and gives the most intelligibility- right up until the guitar solo begins- then back to 0% on the EQs until the beginning of her next main verse. Being as the Dope track is an electronic beat but still live drum sound, and the Deadmau5 track is house with much more concentrated bass, should I instead shoot for more bass by tweaking the gain level throughout the mix on the Dope track?

I'm also not sure on where to set the record gain knob, as in, how does it work with the main level and where should I set it when I set the main meter just under clipping. The recording gain meter tells me that I'm clipping and my mixes always turn out quieter than the original if I try to adjust my output by it. I understand that a copy is not ever as good as the original, but I feel I'm losing to many db's and am not sure how much headroom I have. Is there a preference on this?
    Last edited by funke; 03-19-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I was drunk 0_Oooooo00000OOOOOOOOOOO