Using a pioneer mixer with traktor pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Using a pioneer mixer with traktor pro

Hi guys!

In the next few monthes, i'd like to put a pioneer mixer in my setup. Why? I'd like to use the same stuff used in clubs: if I can, i'd like to play on bars/club, and use the stuff they got; But I'll have to try this stuff before.
    And effects on pioneer mixers sonds really cool.

But the thing is, If I want to use a djm-700 (500euros for a used one), I need a soundcard: Audio 8 or 10 for use the 4 channels no?

->But If I want to use it, 1 X1 or 2 would be cool to use effects and loops etc of traktor. (300euros)

-> But in this setup... there is no pitch fader! Sooooo, i'd need 2 cdj!(and CDJ are so expensive!!!!)

So, only to use a mixer, i'd be so expensive... or Maybe there is another solution, or something I don't get? Right now I got a vci-100 arcade and audio 2 dj.

Tech Mentor

Sounds good, what you could do is buy my 2 x cdj 1000 mk3's my djm600 black, stand and kam amp and speakers for 1700 and you will be using what they use in the club

You don't need CDJs. X1s have sync buttons, which are just as good as a pitch fader, right? I mean…they're at least as good as a MIDI pitch fader regardless of whether you like sync or not.

Tech Mentor

LOL I dont have 1600 euros yet!! X1 sounds really good but, if i want to make a transition between two tracks 110 bpm and 130... How can I do with just a sync button. And Without jogs i cant adjust the two tracks...

cassius, you can map any midi controller to do whatever you want. you can make an encoder (endless knob) to be just like a jog
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

yeah I know I can do it, but I think that if knobs are allready asign to something else, it's maybe there are useful for something else. I didn't ever used anything else than my VCI 100 and never touched a X1 so I don't know...

You've got it, but consider buying a cheaper mixer if you're concerned about cash. You can always use the club's mixer, then all you have to bring is your X1, laptop. and soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieDee'j View Post
    Sounds good, what you could do is buy my 2 x cdj 1000 mk3's my djm600 black, stand and kam amp and speakers for 1700 and you will be using what they use in the club
    I may be interisted in the 600 if I dont get a denon mixer, how much you after?? send me a PM

Or.... turn up to the club with your VCI and audio 2 and rock the mofo house!?

I got a pioneer mixer... the fx are not as good as traktor. It has volume faders and a crossfader, just like your VCI.

Just sayin'

This is all about confidence. I can play on CDJs and a Pioneer mixer, did it for years. I'd choose my VCI SE over that set up anyday.

You will shell out and be like "oh" it doesn't do that much.

Hire some for the weekend and learn to use them. Save yourself a packet and will demystify
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    LOL I dont have 1600 euros yet!! X1 sounds really good but, if i want to make a transition between two tracks 110 bpm and 130... How can I do with just a sync button. And Without jogs i cant adjust the two tracks...
    You can map the pitch fader to a knob or even to a couple of buttons for those extreme cases.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast