Need To Vent: USPS

Default Need To Vent: USPS

Sorry guys, need to vent my frustration. I had a good deal with a member here for an Allen & Heath Mixer. The tracking shows its route from the northeast of Canada to my main postal office in Tucson. The trail then goes cold. After repeated calls and trips to the post office, they say they can do nothing and the shipper has to contact the Canadian Post. This brings me to my frustration. They mixer was last seen and documented being 1/2 a mile away from my house. Someone there signed for it. Why does the shipper need to to initiate a lost package claim thousands of miles away. I also asked what liability the USPS has for losing a $440 mixer. None apparently. If I go into a store and break merchandise, you can be rest assured I will have to pay for it.

Thanks for listening.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Wow that sucks. Good luck getting it sorted.

If you want to try again, I have a uk-made 62 I'm planning on upgrading from, and I don't use USPS to ship anything.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Was it insured? If it was the shipper is the one that insured it which is why they have to make the claim.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That sucks - but in their defence my S4 arrived in South Africa without a snag.

why is S. Africa such a pain to ship to? is there something with import laws or something?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i fucking hate usps, they misplaced my brand new wd 1tb portable hard drive and almost lost my limited edition CVs when they were coming in from ttl.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    why is S. Africa such a pain to ship to? is there something with import laws or something?
    We just never sure that things will arrive - Amazon even stopped shipping here at one stage due to 'excessive loss'. It has gotten better though, and I must say getting my S4 from DJTT was as smooth as silk. Import laws are variable - I paid R640 (about $90) in duties, which I thought was VERY reasonable.

I am not sure if it was insured. I have an email out to him asking (and hoping).

I was having good luck with USPS until this. UPS "lost" an X1 and bag i purchased off ebay. I ended up getting it replaced by the seller, but it took two months from purchase to having it in hand (and then it needed to be replaced by NI which took another two months).
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Wow…I've never had bad luck with UPS. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    I am not sure if it was insured. I have an email out to him asking (and hoping).

I was having good luck with USPS until this. UPS "lost" an X1 and bag i purchased off ebay. I ended up getting it replaced by the seller, but it took two months from purchase to having it in hand (and then it needed to be replaced by NI which took another two months).
    I personally have never had any problems with them. However I always prefer to purchase my merchandise from a physical store rather than a person because if something goes wrong and doesn't work its just way easier to go back to a store and deal with them.