Is Traktor (Or any DJ Software) right for me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Is Traktor (Or any DJ Software) right for me?

Hi,

I've been interested in a while in incorporating Traktor into my own music. I currently use Ableton Live. I'm not interested in playing other people's music whilst using a digital DJ software.

What are some ways I could use a digital DJ software like Traktor. I don't want to just make a track inside of Ableton Live then drop it into Traktor and play it straight with some EQ adjustments or something like that. (Sorry if I'm sounding ignorant on this subject, I'm very inexperienced) I want to be able to manipulate my songs, play different parts of songs, etc.

I'm aware that there is no current software to connect Traktor to Live like The Bridge with Serato, but could Traktor also work in tandem with Ableton when playing live?

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I don't want to buy something and have it be of little use to me.

I don't have a lot of hands on experience with Ableton, but from what I have gathered and from what you have told us, I don't think Traktor is what you are looking for.

And in fact, I think you should just stick with Ableton. What kind of controller are you using with it? Maybe that is where you might want to look into upgrading.

There are quite a few people here who DJ exclusively with Ableton so I don't see why you can't do the same. Especially if you are only playing your own music, and not anyone else's.

Hope that helps.

Well i don't know if you have seen these articles, but DJTT has put some of these ideas to the test.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/1...ive/#more-1423

If this doesn't help, i would say get traktor pro 2 and then you can build tracks and loops in ableton, and play them with traktor 2 as it has the ability to turn all of the decks into sample decks so you could essentially just create sets using loops.

Hope that helps!
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

You clearly don't need DJ software
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Yeah, you don't need Traktor. It's DJ software, and you don't want to dj...

Stick with Ableton and look at how to DJ with Ableton tutorials, this will then open things up for you in terms of manipulating your own music i'm sure.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

just use live. pick up an apc 40 or a launchpad and have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

U should buy turntables.good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Minehead View Post
    I currently use Ableton Live... I don't want to just make a track inside of Ableton Live then drop it into Traktor and play it straight with some EQ adjustments or something like that... I want to be able to manipulate my songs, play different parts of songs, etc
    Stick with Ableton. Hit up the "Ableton Community" group on Facebook and we'll get you on the right track
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Quote Originally Posted by jfd6812 View Post
    U should buy turntables.good ones.
    how was that relevant to this?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Get a MPD/APC and you will be well on you way!!!!..... sky is the limit with ableton and a controller!!
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast