Been away for a while, but i'm back crying for help / Making a radio show jingle

Default Been away for a while, but i'm back crying for help / Making a radio show jingle

before i say anything plz check this video how we sold out this party in Grenoble [fr], big ups to NerdzbyNight crew! (our first foreign dj trip)
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/20510033"][REPORT] "EPISODE 2 : Des beats & des sucettes" on Vimeo[/ame]

now on to the dillemma.

Allright, i've stoped visiting this site like before s4 wuz released. i was happy with my Traktor DVS 2xtt's setup and really learned everyhting essential from this site.

Right now i am thinking about moving back here, just because having better mix skill than every-fukin-one else just wasn't enough for me anymore. (i mean srsly, i've hardly met anyone better than me who is not 10years scene staple hot dj or anything).

anyway, enough boosting of my ego, kudos goes to this site. I got offered to make radio online show (biweekly, podcast-like). I was like, cool - i have shitloads of music to select, i buy new tracks, i constantly check new releases i have loads of dj friends who would like to guestmix second half of the show - this is gonna be too easy.

so making the mix was like with-my-finger-up-my-arse easy, but hard became voice recording and talkovering... i think i am getting a hang of it now, but there is still room for improvement... but i digress.

so where's the catch?

Jingle! i mean, my show's name is World Domination, (i am Blofeld afterall) so i naturaly did wanna make a memorable jingle theme out of bond movie quotes and stuff and even some computer generated voice. I failed to do that with just a traktor or Audacity (thats all i know sadly). I had huge problems to mix it all.

my first attempt was to make a single track with various quotes in audacity with long pause between them and then just cue juggle the whole thing with "radio jam/noise/tune" sound or alternatively with recorded scratch sound. The traktor part is easy... i totally failed to work with audacity on that one. as my various sources were mono or stereo, the copy paste routine just didnt work out at all. so im stuck on the begining and thinking how else should i adress the problem with my very limited producing skills.

so as i said, my producing skills are extremely limited. i would welcome couple of hindsights or ideas how to put it together or get pointed in a direction of some nice tutorials that cover this type of shi...yo know, little help
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Muhuhahahahaha...

It's seems your scheming days of world domination are a tad bit lacking, mr Blofeld.

For nice tutorials on Ableton Live, check out guys like @abletontutor or @abletonvids at twitter, or the website of Tom Cosm.

These guys really know there things. (Also Tarekit, who had some visits on our boards too, is a living knowledgebase)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

if you can post the clips you want used and a general idea of what you want with them in specific, i would be willing to do it (if its not to time consuming)

all it really takes is riping the audio and taking the quotes and putting them in 1 file
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

thanks guys.

fortunately i've come across a nearby living producer who will show me things or two, even emulates couple of sounds. but theory, you are right my brother. 1 file is all it takes.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

glad to see you found a solution
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.