Setting up a M-Audio Fast Track Pro in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Setting up a M-Audio Fast Track Pro in Traktor

Hello Friday a had received my sound card, and I can't wait to use it.
    After reading the tread [Traktor Pro\Soundcard] Setting up a M-Audio Fast Track Pro I tried to setup the soundcard with no resutls.
    I have search the web and the M-Audio forum but I can not get it to work.

Noting happens wen I hit the headphone button and when the track is playing on the master out it is also playing on the monitor
    I am using output 1 and 2 for the master out.
    I have attached some pictures maybe you know what I must do.

have you got your monitor mix (next to the master volume in traktor) set to 100%? That makes it mirror the master, turn it to 0% and see what happens.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I can hear the sound on my headphone but I can hear noting to cue-up a other deck

like I said, turn the mix down to 0%.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

I'm just guessing here, but did you try routing the master outputs to 2/3? Maybe channels 0/1 are routed internally so they put out the same stuff to SPDIF and the respective RCA

Edit: Forget what I said until further notice, do what fullenglishpint said. I should have looked at the latest screenshot before posting....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

oke, I have my mix btn to 0% but is still can not cue up deck B

hmm... what happens if you fiddle with the mix knob on the soundcard and the A/B button next to the headphone volume knob?

I'm just going off photos of the card here.

OK so looking at the spaniel (http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...ide%20(EN).pdf)

Quote Originally Posted by M Audio Spaniel
    Selecting Your Outputs

The Fast Track Pro’s outputs are selected in the Control Panel’s Bandwidth page (see Section 7).
    Signals routed to Outputs 1 and 2 in your DAW application will appear at the rear-panel TRS Outputs 1 and 2, and be duplicated at unbalanced Outputs 1 and 2.
    When Outputs 3 and 4 are activated, they will show up as output channels in your DAW application. Signals routed to Outputs 3 and 4 in your DAW application will appear at the S/PDIF outputs, and be duplicated at unbalanced Outputs 3 and 4.
    The level to the analog outputs is controlled by the main output level control.

Headphone Monitoring

The A/B button selects the output source sent to the front-panel headphone output. In the A (out) position, the main line output signal (Outputs 1 and 2) is sent to the headphone outputs. In the B (in) position, the S/PDIF output signal (Outputs 3 and 4) is sent to the headphone outputs.
    The headphone output level is controlled by the Level control knob. This output level is independent of the main output level.
    So you want the A/B button pressed in. Can you put up a full page screeny of Traktor now? couldn't see anything wrong in the last one.

I haven't read the pdf jet but I am getting a msg from Traktor.
    The other msg displayes: not connected Pleas check your output routing.
    The A/B knob is out
    mix 100%
    Level 50%
    Output 75%
    I am using out put 1 an 2 and can only get sounds when I use WASPI Sharde mode.
    And I can hear all of the Windows sound on the monitors and headphone
    Last edited by DariusB; 03-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusB View Post
    I haven't read the pdf jet but I am getting a msg from Traktor.
    The other msg displayes: not connected Pleas check your output routing.
    The A/B knob is out
    mix 100%
    Level 50%
    Output 75%
    I am using out put 1 an 2 and can only get sounds when I use WASPI Sharde mode.
    And I can hear all of the Windows sound on the monitors and headphone
    Well in that case for starters I'm pretty much obliged to tell you to read the fucking manual.

On top of that, use ASIO drivers (www.asio4all.com) since wasapi shared and proprietary drivers are never great.

The A/B button should be IN, when out it just plays whatever's coming out of 1&2. Which you would know if you read the manual, or my last post.

Change your windows sound settings to use the built in Audio and not the M Audio. You don't want windows pings over your music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast