Just about to give up..
    Tech Convert

Thumbs down Just about to give up..

Hi Guys,

Have been trying to upgrade for the last 3 days, around 3-4 hours a day on three different computers with both serial and USB, replicating just about every method I'd read on the forums and cannot get passed the point of 'error 15024'. Just wondering whether there are any misfortunate people out there like myself who's given up on this crazy stuff brought onto us by MOV (morons of Vestax, that is..) I need this to work asap if not going for VCI-300 after 2 years of struggling with it.
    Will try to purchase a different serial AND a USB cable tomorrow and try for the last time on a FOURTH computer, till then appreciate if you have any alternative methods not described so far (sign of a desperate man..)
    Or I'll just keep reading the success stories on these forums and at least be happy about you people enjoying 1.3.
    Thanks for all your input so far, anyways.

Damn, that's just crazy!

I wish I could help out, but the VCI-100 is not in my field. Sorry and good luck man!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

where are you located? If you near another DJTT forum member Im sure we will be willing to help out.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Don't give up. There are also 2 different serial cables, straight and null. a "null serial" modem cable switches wires inside the cable(much like a ethernet "crossover" cable used to directly link two computers without an ethernet switch/hub)

You might have the serial cable type that is incompatible. My recommendation: buy one of each at the local electronics store, and return the one that doesn't work.

I agree w/Ean. I've had many headaches w/USB to serial connections, because some of the chipsets used (Prolific)don't play nice w/windows xp, but the serial to serial cables also can be problematic.

keep posting, and someone will come up with a solution.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey dude,

Sorry to hear you are still having so much trouble.

I have PMed you my IM so hit me up and hopefully we can sort you out.

Tech Convert

Default Sincere thanks

Hi guys,

Just want to thank you all for your encouraging replies, I will be buying a set of new cables today (one serial and a USB) to try out and try yet again. You are right, I cannot give up and go for another controller, got this one already
    So it should work, no other way.
    BTW I'll be in London as of Wed. if nothing works I'll post another thread and maybe there's somebody that we can hook up would surface.
    Thanks again for all your input.
    Cheers,

Baran.