What to buy in 2009? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[QUOTE=djas;22888]
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Im going to save up for a Korg Zero 8 :)

i want to tell you my story.
    i bought it about 10 months ago. i tested one night (tested with TT and CD player only) and returned to the shop on the next day because:
    1. hiss (quite noisy for me).
    2. wrong input/output routing (i tried to hit the channel 1 input sockets and the sound out from channels 1 and 3 :confused:, i don't know the people know this trick or not, it's informed by my musician friend).
    3. adjust the Master FX level from min to max also make the master louder. :mad:
    4. sound quality not very good (compare to my DJM3000)

i don't know Korg had been fixed all problems in the new stock or by firmware or not, so, please check very carefully before take it home.

please also check the Korg fourm:
    http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpB...forum.php?f=16

sorry for my poor english.
    I am not after using the effects of the thing. But what I am after is to use it as a mixer for ableton and traktor. 4 channels Ableton, 4 Channels Traktor. My mate has one in Sweden, and he says its really cool, but had some problems with effects as well, as you mentioned.

As this is the year where I will switch 100% digital, I will also ditch my turntables, I do not need them only for pitch correction (midi can do that for me), and I am not a hip hop dj, and wont have to scratch or anything :)

I like the idea that I can use 4 channels for ableton with the internal soundcard of the Zero8 and then use my External (Audio 8) for traktor. I think its a pretty wicked thing, since it also is a midi controller :D

Thanks for the hints though!

Anyone else that has tried what I wanna do? :) Is it 100% possible?! (As I can see it wont be a problem, but sometimes you just do not see things until you are infront of the thing)

@djas
    Wasn't the hiss a problem with the Mic in?

Hey nemo, why would you want to have an additional soundcard?
    You're no longer using scratch from that moment on, are you?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    @djas

Hey nemo, why would you want to have an additional soundcard?
    You're no longer using scratch from that moment on, are you?
    Cause I will be using 2 laptops not one

Ah!

That's logical.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Mate of mine got himself a Zero 8 [Dunno how my mates have so much money floating about....] and loves it. Says his gig performance and production output has improved three fold.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

USB 3 stuff, if there is anything to get.

AFAIK usb 3 is "supposed" to be released in the second half of '09 and more "consumer products" coming out in '10. Whatever they mean with consumer products is unknown to me
    Last edited by emp; 01-13-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    @djas
    I have no idea but should not be.

Tech Mentor

[QUOTE=nemo;22892]
    Quote Originally Posted by djas View Post

Anyone else that has tried what I wanna do? Is it 100% possible?! (As I can see it wont be a problem, but sometimes you just do not see things until you are infront of the thing)
    it should be pissible i dont see any problem......
    i want one too this thing is so sexy

i will use it with ableton and traktor sometime i also realli like the fact that the toch screen can be midi mappable,the controller banks and that the knobs can be push buttons.....

A complete MIDI control surface
    By using the dedicated "ZERO Edit" software you can freely assign MIDI messages to the faders, knobs, push-type encoders, buttons, toggle switches, and X-Y pad.

does any one knows if the faders send midi data too ??
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 01-14-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12