Midi fighter on ipad
    Tech Guru

Default Midi fighter on ipad

Just a quick question.. Is it possible to have the midi fighter like setup on an ipad controller, im running midi touch and like the newish midi fighter mappings
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

deckalized yes, but instant gratification is more difficult because it uses an internal 4 banks mode on the MF. There are ways round this with pages though.

I assume you can edit the midi notes? just create a grid with the same notes as the MF and you're away.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

ill give that a try then, wasnt sure if it was something in the firmware or not, have only really done basic stuff with the ipad and seen a few of eans new video that look rather interesting
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

the 4 banks mode is in the firmware. It changes the notes produced by the bottom 12 buttons when you select a bank with the top 4.

As I said though, you can probably make pages on midi touch and switch between them or make a full page with all 4 banks visible. Check the midifighter forum stickys, the notes to use have been posted there somewhere.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

ill give that a try then, wasnt quite sure what you meant by 4 banks, but yeah id say itll be easy enough with pages, its amazing the capabilities off the hardware and software we have now

Tech Guru

One of the cooler features of the MIDI Touch app is it allows you to assign 2 messages to a control. You could use this secondary message to trigger an effect, set a modifier, etc. TONS of interesting possibilities.

Tech Guru

Yeah its a pretty good app, im curious to see how other people are using it, at the moment i have cue points and faders on one page and another page with eq's volume faders and filters