(HELP) I just wanna die!
    Tech Wizard

Default (HELP) I just wanna die!

it's been 5 years that I've been djing and I thought it will be a good idea to reorganize ALL my music library, so i did. i have reorganized all my playlist and rate all my 8000 songs ONE by ONE !

BUT..

I have just realize that serato DOESNT recognize the rating (stars) tags!!!

is there any way that i can sort my song by rating within a playlist in serato!?

Thanx!

Sorry for my english!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

i don't use Serato so I'm not very familiar with how this would work, but you can make a smart playlist in iTunes for each star rating, then use Serato's color coding for each playlist that corresponds to that star. Not sure if Serato will auto update that or if you'll have to update those smart playlists in Serato once a week or so. Itunes will auto update the playlists as long as you've got auto update checked when you create the playlist.

Maybe one of the Serato users here have another idea.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I've once undertook the task of editing the genre tag and setting up cue points for my 6000 track collection. After a while I just said "fuck it" and gave up.

Tech Wizard

Yes but my point of the star rating is that in a particular playlist i would to sort songs by rating from the best to the worst. like sorting a play list by bpm!

I know the smart playlist thing but it will be in my whole library! I hope the serato itch2.0 will integrate the rating classification!

Tech Wizard

I dont use serato either but how about using a different field for the rating (though i find it very odd that the all and mighty serato doesn't support a basic feature such as rating)...as a work around select all of your songs which have 5 stars in itunes and do a mass edit on all the them and put the number "5" in the comment field. do the same for every other rating from 1-5 stars then you can use the comment field in serato as the the ratings field.