Traktor Crossgrade/Upgrade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Crossgrade/Upgrade

Hey guys was just wondering with traktor 2 coming, would the chance to upgrade from traktor pro to traktor scratch duo/pro 2 be available a discount ?
    MBP 13'' - VCI 100 SE - Audio 2 DJ - Traktor Pro 2 - Akai LPK25 - Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/prcll

ctrld

don't count on NI's upgrade policy being fair. their products are awesome, but recent experience* shows that skipping an upgrade might actually save you money; it's especially important to stay away from 50% rebates because in most cases they only mean a new, superior product is coming and there won't be a grace period - probably to punish the greedy.

*) komplete 5 (and lower!) to komplete 7 = same price as komplete 6 to komplete 7 = bullshit. I predict something similar for TSP2.

then again, I might be wrong. it's kinda like russian roulette... 1 in 6 updates is worth a shot.
    Last edited by ctrld; 03-22-2011 at 06:04 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

if you have an Audio 4, 6, 8, 10 or certified mixer you can get it for $339.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2008
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    if you have an Audio 4, 6, 8, 10 or certified mixer you can get it for $339.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2008
    ah i see not much good for me , only have audio2 , NI's upgrade paths need reviewing imo, when i was startin out i had no need for timecode but would love the option now...
    MBP 13'' - VCI 100 SE - Audio 2 DJ - Traktor Pro 2 - Akai LPK25 - Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/prcll

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    don't count on NI's upgrade policy being fair. their products are awesome, but recent experience* shows that skipping an upgrade might actually save you money; it's especially important to stay away from 50% rebates because in most cases they only mean a new, superior product is coming.

*) komplete 5 (and lower!) to komplete 7 = same price as komplete 6 to komplete 7 = bullshit. I predict something similar for TSP2.
    On the contrary my update to T2 will be free since I'm an S4 owner and my upgrade to Scratch Pro 2 is available for only $139. Not a bad deal in my eyes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

ctrld

On the contrary my update to T2 will be free since I'm an S4 owner and my upgrade to Scratch Pro 2 is available for only $139. Not a bad deal in my eyes.
    so, you've only spent 900 bucks on an oversized VCI running a pre-beta of TP2 and now you only have to spend another 140 to get actual scratch functionality?

thanks, I think I'll stick with my 69 EUR upgrade. which, considering the sheer badassness of TSP2, is actually a very good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    so, you've only spent 900 bucks on an oversized VCI running a pre-beta of TP2 and now you only have to spend another 140 to get actual scratch functionality?

thanks, I think I'll stick with my 69 EUR upgrade. which, considering the sheer badassness of TSP2, is actually a very good deal.
    I see it differently, but as long as we're both happy in the end that's all that matters.
    Chris Jennings FHP

ctrld

I see it differently, but as long as we're both happy in the end that's all that matters.
    true.

the point I'm making is that if I hadn't upgraded to TSP when it came out and would still be using TS, the update would've cost me the same (same as with komplete, except in that case it was really annoying). ergo, jumping on TSP leftovers is a waste of money, which should answer the OP's question.

Tech Mentor

I started out with T3 when they had a 50% discount running on.
    I then bought TSP certified mixer upgrade for $189, when they had a 50% discount early on in 2010 (I have a friend with an audio 4). I'm looking to buy the S4 soon, which will give me a free upgrade to TSP2.
    Overall I feel like that I have gotten a good deal overall. I don't feel like the new audio interfaces are worth it. I would prefer to buy a new certified mixer which actually supports the new features instead.

there isn't a huge discount for using Traktor Pro, then upgrading to Traktor Scratch Pro. Which is a bummer since I was using Traktor Pro, then I wanted some timecode.
    What I did was drop down to Traktor Scratch Duo when it was on sale $169 with an A4DJ sound card. Then paid $79 for the upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro. So for $248 I'm rocking Traktor Scratch Pro with A4DJ. Pretty awesome.
    But on the other side of the coin, I have to pay another $79 for the upgrade to TSP2. If I waited I'd only have to pay the $79 once, but now I'm paying it twice since the upgrade is the same for Duo Scratch as Pro Scratch. So I can understand the argument for the timing of NI updates don't benefit everyone.
    But going Scratch Duo, getting the mid level sound card, and upgrading to Scratch Pro is an awesome deal if you ask me (if you need timecode)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast