Beats Audio - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beats Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Street Knowledge View Post
    I do rather like photoshop on there for free.
    It's not a full version is it? I assume express (or whatever they call their fat free lite version)?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Street Knowledge, did the processes you mention, allow hastle free usage?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    one will show up as headphone, the other as headphone and mic. assign to your liking in the audio section in traktor.
    I also have an Envy 14" Beats Edition. I would like to use the internal soundcard for small parties and such, as you suggested, but can't assign the channels properly. I can get channels 1 and 2 playing from both mini jack outs, while channels 3 and 4 are coming out from the computer's built-in speakers. I can switch the settings and it will work opposite, but I can't seem to get two discrete stereo outs from the mini jacks. Is there a setting I'm missing in Control Panel or the Beats Audio settings? Please tell! I'm sure others will find this info useful as well.

By the way, I do love this notebook. It's a rock solid performer with both Traktor 2 and Torq 2.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is each mini jack not stereo on it's own?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Is each mini jack not stereo on it's own?
    Yes, they are both stereo. I just can't get them to each play different sources i.e. program out and cue out. I know the card is four channel, since I can get the cue channel to play through the notebook's built-in speakers, with the program out playing on BOTH mini jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by wbskates View Post
    Yes, they are both stereo. I just can't get them to each play different sources i.e. program out and cue out. I know the card is four channel, since I can get the cue channel to play through the notebook's built-in speakers, with the program out playing on BOTH mini jacks.
    I tried to get it to work that way as well, both jacks seem to get the same signal.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    one will show up as headphone, the other as headphone and mic. assign to your liking in the audio section in traktor pro.

@OP

if youre going to buy an envy, buy it from the microsoft store. they have a standard policy of optimizing all computers they sell for free, they also have a no tolerance policy when it comes to trialware being installed on any computer they sell.

So when you take it out of the box, its lean, mean, and ready to rock.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...7200/list.true

if youre a student, and happen to be near one of their retail stores, they will match apple's student discount. thats the same one i have. i paid 899 for it.
    You are my hero...never knew that about buying directly from microsoft but I haven't bought a pre-configured computer in about 4 years and back then i was king of the noobs.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Street Knowledge View Post
    I tried to get it to work that way as well, both jacks seem to get the same signal.
    Did anyone ever find a fix for this??

Quote Originally Posted by wbskates View Post
    try the asio driver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123