Dropouts

Thread: Dropouts

Default Dropouts

So I've been experiencing dropouts in traktor over the past few weeks. First things first, everything is up to date and optimized. I've been using it relatively problem free for almost two years now on the same system, but all of a sudden, it started having dropouts fairly frequently. I'd say I'm getting one 1-2 second drop every 10 or so songs. I went problem free for a month or so after all my last updates (vista on PC), and this happened fairly out of the blue. That's the part that has me pretty puzzled about this. There were no system changes.... just started not running smoothly one day. Any ideas what might cause this? Really hoping to find a solution to this, as I was planning on buying a new MBP this coming week, but the problems they seem to be having make me think I need to hold off until they get ironed out.

Tech Guru

set your power management settings to high performance when playing.

sounds like your computer is running usb currency checks to see if theres no usb traffic. if theres no usb traffic, it would sleep current to the usb ports to conserve battery.

setting it to high performance turns off all power wait states on the usb bus.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I had an issue a while ago like this but managed to isolate it fairly quickly.
    Have you used any other ports on your pc recently? SD card, wifi card, etc. That you wouldnt normally use?
    Did vista install any drivers for said ports if/when you tried ot use them?
    Disable them and see how you get on.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

what soundcard are you using? if its a native instruments one, roll back the drivers, that was my problem!

thought this thread would be about DJs that didnt finish school

any automatic updates occur recently? someone related to the above posts
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    set your power management settings to high performance when playing.

sounds like your computer is running usb currency checks to see if theres no usb traffic. if theres no usb traffic, it would sleep current to the usb ports to conserve battery.

setting it to high performance turns off all power wait states on the usb bus.
    As I said in the OP, my machine is optimized, though I wasn't very clear on it. Everything stated on the NI site for PC optimization has been done (http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing).

A little more insight into my PC... it is used exclusively for DJing for the most part. The only use aside from that is going on to beatport and to discogs.

Tech Wizard

yeah im still not using that new latency menu thing, had to go back one driver for that and all my drop outs stopped. i kinda wanted to use it, but i prefer stable over too many options.