Osculator - Touchosc Problem. No LED feedback from Traktor

Default Osculator - Touchosc Problem. No LED feedback from Traktor

hey guys.
    i posted this over at the osculator forums, but i'm not getting an answer there.
    since there are some oculator pros here, i give it a try here

i basically copied the midifighter layout to a page of touchosc, cause i dont want to miss the slicer setting of the deckalized map. it works like a charme, except the led feedback.

for example. i have one button (push16, midi note D#2) which play/pauses a track in traktor.
    in the traktor mapping there's a out for play/pause but the button in touchosc doent light up constantly. (in traktor the mapping is actually D#3 for in and out)
    when i press it, it lights, when i remove my finger it switches back to unlit.
    i messed around with the settings with no luck..

by implementing a /1/push on an osc routing on trigger, i got the play button to light up, but only when i press play in the software. if i press play in touchosc it blinks as long as i have my finger on it..

thanks a lot
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 03-24-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

well, i got a little bit further, but still have the problem..

i get an LED feedback of the play status if i press the button really really fast, if i'm too slow the button doesnt stay lit.

it seems that the length of the note osculator sends to traktor to play a track matters and changes the midi out somehow (which cant be seen in the quick look inside osculator)..

any ideas?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Convert

Hi I'm working on a mapping for using Touchosc with an external mixer, and I managed to get midi feedback with button/led feedback.

For example:

- Play is /1/push1. Then you must give it a CC-adres in Osculator. Like 1 on channel 1.
    - So /1/push1 is now Midi CC - 001 on channel 1 (Ch01.CC.001). In traktor give this midisignal to the play button with midilearn.
    - Now make an output for Play/pause and give it a midi-adres. I use for output channel 16. So Ch16.CC.001 for this example.
    - Play the deck and the midisignal Ch16.CC.001 goes to Osculator.
    - Go to osculator and find this midisignal. Make the Event Type an OSC Routing and for the value choose "new" or go to the parameters window. At the top window choose your Ipad as host and delete the other ones (like your macbook adres, etc). Make a new rewrite adres en type the name of the button or led that you wanna use. In this example /1/push1. Hit enter and close the parameters window.
    - Now if your deck is in play the signal Ch16.CC.001 is "1" and goes to Osculator. Osculator now route this signal to your Ipad and TouchOsc use this signal only to lid up a Led or button.

Note: When you have your macbook or osculator as an host in the parameters window the signal becomes a loop in osculator. Ch16.CC.001 gives a "1" to the /1/push1 signal what generate a "1" to Ch01.CC.001 which activade the play button and so on.

I hope you understand this message (my English is not that good) and if you need an example I can send you my mapping.

i tried nearly everything, except changing the in and out to a CC instead of a note.. will try this tomorrow.. thanks a lot..
    soundcloud
    facebook

well.. it didnt help.. still the same problem. if i press the button too long, the led wont stay on.

see attachment:

first spike at /1/push8 --> track plays, led stays on
    second spike --> track pauses, led goes off
    third spike --> i pressed too long, track plays, led is off

at both times osculator sends out a midi/cc14/4 of 1 for the led.

soundcloud
    facebook