Buy tunes
    Download from beatport etc
    Run through MIK4
    Transfer into iTunes
    Listen, rate, amend genres etc.
    Open Traktor
    Import new tunes into Traktor collection
    Beat Grid.

I do this all the time, without fail and without a problem.

I haven't bought anyu tunes for about 2 months or so, went on a spree and bought 30+ tunes in 1 hit. Followed my work flow as normal but this time the ratings haven't come across from iTunes and the key information isn't showing...

Maybe I am being mad and the key doesn't show immeadiatly or something and I have forgotten? I don't know but it doesn't seem right.

Any advice?

I have been interviewing for a massive job recently so mixing hasn't been on my radar - my first day back to it and it all seems to be ganging up on me! lol
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Key should show, I think (but then I use comment fields for that, so not entirely sure), star ratings from iTunes do not show up in Traktor though (I hope thats changed with the "full iTunes integration" in TSP2)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

right click the top where it says the title of the column and stuff, then click on 'key'

i that what youre looking for?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    right click the top where it says the title of the column and stuff, then click on 'key'

i that what youre looking for?
    I have the column showing, all my 'older' tunes show the key, it just seems this time round it hasn't written them correctly or something.

I've checked MIK and I have all the right preferences checked, so I am stumped. Weirdly when I went into MIK originally it asked me for my VIP code again, don't know why.

Seems there are Gremlins in the place! he he.

I'll delete the tunes from Traktor (for the second time) and see if I can start all over again.
    Tony the Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Key should show, I think (but then I use comment fields for that, so not entirely sure), star ratings from iTunes do not show up in Traktor though (I hope thats changed with the "full iTunes integration" in TSP2)
    Star ratings definitely show up from iTunes - all my other tunes have them and I have only ever done them in iTunes and then imported into Traktor.
    Tony the Pony.

if you can find they key for the track, see if you can add that tag. if not enter it manually in traktor (the long way)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    Star ratings definitely show up from iTunes - all my other tunes have them and I have only ever done them in iTunes and then imported into Traktor.
    Hm, strange - for me the star ratings didn't carry over and I had to copy them by hand (sucked big time - luckily I disabandoned the whole rating system). And I think I googled back then and found something stating that the iTunes ratings ain't visible in Traktor. What Traktor version are you using?

Edit: Oh, and in general if Traktor is showing out-of-date tags, "Check consistency" always worked for me (apart from the stars ).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    if you can find they key for the track, see if you can add that tag. if not enter it manually in traktor (the long way)
    Not really a solution as to why it's not updating the ID3 tag so I can see it in the key field of the track browser though.
    Tony the Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Hm, strange - for me the star ratings didn't carry over and I had to copy them by hand (sucked big time - luckily I disabandoned the whole rating system). And I think I googled back then and found something stating that the iTunes ratings ain't visible in Traktor. What Traktor version are you using?

Edit: Oh, and in general if Traktor is showing out-of-date tags, "Check consistency" always worked for me (apart from the stars ).
    I'll definitely check the consitency....good tip.

I am 99.99pct sure they copy over as I am sure I'd remember having to do it twice, also there would be a disparity between the two if I did it manually a second time. I only have 4gb of tunes but even that's enough if you had to do everything twice, he he.

I'm using 1.2.7

Having not looked at Traktor for 3 weeks or so I feel like I am going mad, maybe I have just forgotten some stuff and it's making me feel like ity's going crazy on me
    Tony the Pony.

I tried it from the beginning again, this time I decided totick 'do not update common ID3 tags' and leave it with 'update 'initialkey' tag.....etc & 'update "Tempo" tag'

It all went across correctly when I imported into Traktor, ratings, key, the lot.

Tony the Pony.