nexdb4

Thread: nexdb4

Default nexdb4

CAnt decide between the DB4 or the Nexus??? Watching DB4 demos last night and was swinging that way, Then watched nexus in action and decided on that....

get both??? it would be interesting to see the comparison between mixing styles.

the db4 has a loop function. You could record something ionto your mic patched to a channel, loop it, than ad fx..... cue it and drop..... nice
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Personally I think the DB4 blows the Nexus away in terms of FX and creativity possibilities.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

both awesome mixers, would probably go for the DB4 myself because it has some really cool EQ modes and A&H filters and sound quality.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Rumors are that all early Nexus were sent back to Pioneer, problem with
    headphone impedance blowing out the opamps. Second, don't know
    about where the Pioneer is made but Japan is going to be very slow getting
    production going again. But the DB4 won't play nice with Traktor, lame to
    spend 2500 bucks and still have an Audio 8/10 dangling off it.

sure there are no plans for future TS support? A&H have done it in the past.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

A no- brainer, the DB4!

Reasons are already mentioned above!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

A+H has apparently applied for scratch certification but the rumor mill says "politics" are getting in the way. Who knows. But even without certification I would buy the DB4 in an instant if I had the money, and no question I would buy it over the nexus given the chance. Pioneer makes generally solid gear but they bore me. And they're overpriced... not that the DB4 isn't, but you're getting a LOT more for your money -- better sound quality, build quality, filters filters filters, and I will bet that the effects sound far far better. Price this thing like the S4 and I'd consider it.

I love the DB4's EQ knob filter mode. Something A&H have always been good at.