Recording a video for youtube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recording a video for youtube

What is the best way to record a video clip of myself using my S4 with my webcam so that the audio is recorded into my mac rather than just thru the webcam so it sounds good and you wont hear anything but the music in the video clip?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

ctrld

I believe traktor has internal recording. record the video separately (preferably using something other than a webcam), swap out the audio and you're done. just don't forget to align it properly so that it's in sync with the visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    I believe traktor has internal recording. record the video separately (preferably using something other than a webcam), swap out the audio and you're done. just don't forget to align it properly so that it's in sync with the visuals.
    youve lost me already lol, how do i align the audio to the video haha im shit at stuff like that..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

ctrld

I don't work with macs (when I edit, it's adobe premiere and/or after effects), but there should be a simple version of final cut available at a low price (I believe it's called final cut express). no idea about free video editing software for osx, except imovie. but I can't help you with that because I don't use it. just make sure it has a timeline where you can position the audio track correctly and you're done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc6e_lDmsJs
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    youve lost me already lol, how do i align the audio to the video haha im shit at stuff like that..

What I did with mine was I used traktor and make sure you record it "internal" and use the imovie to record your video, once you have those 2 separate media clips, you dra them both into imovie, and then you just move the audio clip on the time line to make it match the video sequence.

Hope this helped!

Bets regards

-Rob

What is the best way to record a video clip of myself using my S4 with my webcam so that the audio is recorded into my mac rather than just thru the webcam so it sounds good and you wont hear anything but the music in the video clip?
    what software are you using pal?

try using something like a clap board.
    or clap your hands or something.
    or, hit the cue button rather hard a couple of times, and align the sharp attack that the 1st beat will have

that way you can align the image to the sound

then you can cut those parts out
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i dont know what im going to use lol, more than likely imovie as thats what comes with the macbook..

i dont know what im going to use lol, more than likely imovie as thats what comes with the macbook..
    i've never used imovie... but...

like theory said clapping once or twice is good for when it comes to aligning sound from a couple of cameras or different sources. or if you're can move your web cam so it gets a good view of your finger tapping the cue button hard a couple of time that will work ok too in post production. but make sure your webcam is set to record sound.

that way when you drap your recorded video clip into imovie and add the music soundtrack into imovie you can visually line up the waveforms. they may not look exactly the same, but you should be able to see common patterns so just use them as a guide.

once is lined up you need to mute the sound from the webcam video. after that you're ready to output the file.

cheers guys, will give it a go over the weekend, or may even wait till next friday when il have TSP2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast