Cracked DVS Software
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Cracked DVS Software

Do you use it?

If so, why?

Don't BS us in here...we're all relatively in the same business. To say that you just want it to test it out until you make money from it is a cop out, because you can use demo versions.

Note from the Admin:
    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think we need to lay down some rules for this thread before it gets out of hand -

1) Dont go boasting you use cracked software.

2) Keep the comments constructive, for example state what would have to change in software for you to not use cracked software.

3) Realise that we have people in the industry reading this and glorifying piracy can damage DJTT's relationship with software vendors - which is something we do not want. This thread is here to put out a message to these vendors of what it is we would like to see demo's so users dont have to use cracks to test the software in the first place.

4) If you like the software, pay for it. No one thinks your cool, smart or anything like that if your stealing software with no intention of ever buying it - you just make yourself look bad.

If people can show they can actually talk about this in a mature matter this thread wont be closed.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-05-2009 at 09:56 AM.

I was playing with a cracked version of Virtual DJ about a year ago. I'm not sure if my dissatisfaction was as much to do with it being a crack, as to the design of the software itself.

I trained with the Traktor demo (full featured demo was a huge selling point) until I couldn't handle having my mixes cut to a half hour anymore.

Is anyone really using Traktor Scratch, or Serato as a crack? Can you really do anything if don't have the hardware to convert your timecoded vinyl?

Tech Guru

I use a cracked copy of ableton 7 (not a DVS) because I cant afford it, and 7LE isnt out yet.

As for DVS, I was thinking of buying ms pinky, but might get a demo of another DVS until I do so. I mostly want to use ammobox tho, so need to get a copy of reaktor 2. All this software is going to pwn my bank account. :[

With a view to preserving DJTT website integrity and prevent any legal issues, It would be a wise move for the mods to bring in a rule to ban the discussion of pirate software/serial numbers/cracks and posting links to such on the forum. Especially as DJTT would probably like to maintain a healthy relationship with manufacturers. Just a thought.
    Last edited by jimmymac; 05-14-2008 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
    With a view to preserving DJTT website integrity and prevent any legal issues, It would be a wise move for the mods to bring in a rule to ban the discussion of pirate software/serial numbers/cracks and posting links to such on the forum. Especially as DJTT would probably like to maintain a healthy relationship with manufacturers. Just a thought.
    OK ...

Why would it be wise for the mods to ban a discussion on what people are using?

There is no talk of cracks, serial #'s, etc....

And how can a discussion between users on a public forum about what they use cause unhealthy relationships with manufacturers?

You could say that with all the talk of Traktor here, Serato could get mad...or since we discuss using Novation controllers, Vestax could get mad. What???
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-15-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Talking about and debating the value of cracks and demo periods is healthy and may encourage the software folks to be more generous with their demos. I dont have any problem with those kinds of discussions.

However, if people should ever start actually posting instructions or serials then that would certainly not be a good thing for our forum.

Almost all the manufactures love this site as it provides a much needed place to learn about their products so I am not too concerned about our relations with them but we dont want to turn this into a hacker zone

Tech Guru

Agree'd.

I wish I could save in the reaktor demo :[ might need to hack it so I can actually learn to use it (til i can afford to get it), as I totally cbf if I have to setup ammobox every 30 mins :[ Come on NI be kind to us poor student-types.

Well... mixxx is always free and open source and all.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I own everything I use. Even though I hardly use Live right now, I've been paying for it since version 6.

Traktor Scratch, DJ Studio...I have bought the licenses for.

I just can't see myself using software that I make money off of without paying for it. It doesn't make sense morally.

If you like it , buy it-
    It helps pay for future updates you will undoubtedly want
    Software writers have mortgages too

If you hate it... Delete it
    Followed by a congratulations to yourself for not blowing your hard earned money on something you will never use.

Demo's sometimes are enough to decide if you like a program enough to buy it but sometimes they are overly limited - to the point you would uninstall a perfectly good program and not even think about purchasing the full edition.

Then theres the people who just plain don't have enough money to buy the software.. Especially with music software this limits peoples electronic creative avenues to a handful of sub-grade freeware software. These people i don't mind stealing software, it does not hurt anyone - however if you have money (like most people in a western society) and your not paying for software you use reguarly then you should take a look at your morals. Even hackers like Team Air have enough morals to throw in a "Try before you buy" message.

I find it akin to white label vinyl that even the music industry recognises as a necessary evil. If you don't know what i am on about read this from wikipedia -

"Many white labels contain unsolicited remixes and/or tracks that are not yet licensed or released (also called "bootlegs"). White labels can be referred to as "promos" (short for "promotional copies") that many top-name DJs receive and play weeks or sometimes months before a song gets general release to the public. As artists using samples pay very high fees for the privilege of such, they must be able to gauge the market potential before handing over the money.

The industry itself seems to be aware of this necessity and white labels are commonly accepted as a necessary evil within the industry, which has only ever prosecuted an extremely small number of those artists using white labeled pressings of uncleared samples and compositions."

Just as producing endless white labels for a really dope track is wrong, so is endlessly using stolen dope software.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast