Reason 5.0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reason 5.0

Default Reason 5.0

Anybody got into using Reason 5.0 I tried it but didn't really like it so im sticking to version 4.0

Tech Guru

I have reason / record. ive played with it a little.

i like it, im putting my eggs completely in that basket. i just havent had time for dj'ing or production since midterms. im hoping i have time next month once this move is finally finished.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    I have reason / record. ive played with it a little.

i like it, im putting my eggs completely in that basket. i just havent had time for dj'ing or production since midterms. im hoping i have time next month once this move is finally finished.
    Isn't record just like reason but you can record live into Record...?

I've messed around with THOR a bit.
    I'm kind of a fan, the sound is much richer than Operator/Analog in live.

Haven't gotten into the KONG yet. I might, though
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soloquest View Post
    Isn't record just like reason but you can record live into Record...?
    actually it adds a lot.

the biggest thing is mastering your tracks. it has a model of the SSL 9000k analog mixer. you hear a lot of ableton guys dumping their stems to pro tools for a better mixer and eq. basically, this adds, that, but a lot of other stuff, arrangements, comping, you can export stems, and a bunch of other things too long to list here really. oh you also get the line6 stuff, which gives you one more box to make messed up sounds with =p.

also it adds support for multiple processors as well.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I use Reason 5 ReWired into Ableton 8. It's an absolutely amazing combo for production.

Kong along with some MClass mastering effects and a line mixer lets you EQ the drums perfectly in Reason and then ReWire them into Ableton. Also, Thor and Subtronic are good (for Dubstep stuff).

Personally, I'm using Kong rewired into Ableton for my drums and running layered instances of NI's Massive with various effects, settings etc in Ableton to get some quality dubstep drum and bass combos.

For synths, I've saved preset combinators in Reason for sounds similar to real synths, like the Juno synth, so have them at my disposal if needs be too.

Having this then lets me used Waves vst's in Ableton to master the sound to get a warm, rich sound and I feel that Ableton + Reason rewired is pretty much unlimited, and maybe unbeatable in the production market.

Truly an amazing production combination.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

its would be better to finalize and mix in something like pro-tools, reason mixer sound cheap. Its only a good synth with some nice tweaking you can run in rewire
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

Was that a response to me? I finalise in Ableton. Just use Reason as a synth to ReWire into Ableton. Hence why I said I use Waves VST's in Ableton (as VST's aren't usable in Reason).
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kh3MiC4L View Post
    its would be better to finalize and mix in something like pro-tools, reason mixer sound cheap. Its only a good synth with some nice tweaking you can run in rewire
    Talking with a couple producer friends that make in excess of 80k a year producing, they both tell me the mixer in record is as good, and in some ways better than the mixer in pro tools.

its an amazing bundle for the money.

Tech Mentor

I love the new Reason. I find Kong way more intuitive than Redrum, but I was never a huge step sequencer fan. And I love being able to do live sampling on the fly (if you would use that kind of thing). The HUGE library of sounds, combined with the infinite ways you can destroy them makes it almost unnecessary to pay for any sound libraries and what have you...

I like the idea of blocks arranging, but I do think it could be refined. It just doesn't feel as "simple" as they marketed it.

I think a lot of people are turned off to Reason because 1) It's completely autonomous/self-contained, no VSTs allowed. However, it's versatility in creating sounds is almost limitless, which I feel makes VSTs unnecessary...which on the flipside means 2) There's a pretty steep learning curve to it.

Once you get a feel for the interface though, it's great. As a testament to its versatility, sometimes I'll just open it up and see if I can clone a particular sound/synth I hear in a song...

Like others, though, I do prefer to bounce tracks out for final mixdown and mastering.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast