All new gear or add to existing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default All new gear or add to existing?

Hi all

I'm new here but have been reading DJTT for a while now. Thumbs up to everyone here, it's a great site with lots of info.
    Just wanted to get people's opinion on what I should do.
    I am currently still mixing with my old Hercules MK1 (please don't laugh :P ) and traktor pro but the buttons are slowly getting worse and worse. Now I really want to start getting more into the effects and samples that Traktor can do but am extremely limited with what the MK1 can do. Standard mixing between tracks is fine but I want to expand my skills.

I was thinking about getting an APC40 (S4 is out of the budget) but then I saw products like the LPD8 which are even cheaper which i could use with the old mk1.

What are your thoughts, spend more and totally replace the mk1 or just buy a small add-on in the mean time. Any other product recommendations welcome.

cheers

mahesh

treat yourself to anything over the hercules.

ive got a nice vestax vci-100se up for sale in the buy & sell section you could expand your skills defo on that beast i also have a Kontrol X1 for sale and will soon be listing my Pioneer DJM600 4 channel mixer too..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I'd make an investment in a good quality controller personally. Make sure you're certain you want an APC before getting one though, it's not designed specifically for traktor and has a very unusual workflow.

Many of us love our VCI-100SEs (me included), but I know others (such as Padi_04) are very happy with APCs and one guy (a south african, maybe Sarasin??) even made an APC80 for Traktor use. If you don't know what that is, do a forum search for it and have your mind blown.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Sarasin has an APC40 and he uses it with traktor as far as I know...

But APC80 is the creation of Ctrl-D (Controller Demolition).
    But I don't know if he uses it with traktor... seems like so many buttons and so few knobs for traktor use...

Nope, he's running livesets in Ableton with it.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Sarasin has an APC40 and he uses it with traktor as far as I know...

But APC80 is the creation of Ctrl-D (Controller Demolition).
    But I don't know if he uses it with traktor... seems like so many buttons and so few knobs for traktor use...
    You're definitely not as addicted to these forums as I am, I treat this place like a DJ themed soap opera

Ctrld made the original APC80 and uses it with ableton, then after many delays in post production a set of tutorial videos came out with ctrld explaining the full process of making one.

Sarasin was using the 40, but loved the idea of the 80, so picked up an APC20 and followed the instructions to build an APC80 and uses it with Traktor.

Then Phil Mitchell got hooked on crack.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

apc40 + traktor and a few key bindings is ace. i virtually stopped touching my cdjs when it was all said and done.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Convert

thanks for the tips. i've seen the apc40 in use in traktor and it looks like something i would like. main reason i was looking at it over the vci-100 was price. the vci although is really great is about $200 more than the apc40 online (in australia their close to the A$1000 new :/ )
    i've seen the apc80, that thing is crazy but baby steps first i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mahesh View Post
    i've seen the apc80, that thing is crazy but baby steps first i think
    MOOOAR multi coloured flashing lights and buttons!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast