Valeway OOVJ, the DJ specific laptop. WHY! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ahhhh i was searching for that but I thought it was made by HP.

I thought the coolest thing about it was this though:

We have heard of U.S. soldiers taking a bullet for a fellow soldier, but now a new friend took a bullet for a U.S. soldier in Iraq.

The CF-M34 Toughbook laptop you see in the photo above has a bullet hole which shows just how tough it is as it took a bullet for a U.S. soldier in Iraq.
    The BULLETPROOF laptop from Panasonic was the constant companion of one soldier and was taken through the mountains of southeastern Turkey and into the war of Iraq.
    The need for rugged laptops is growing, used by the U.S. armed forces (the 82nd Airborne Division) and it was one of these laptops that saved a soldier’s life,

An estimated market of $858 million in 2007 is expected for the need of the toughest laptops, people want toughness and the need is growing.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

You could use the same money to buy a new solid laptop or whatever ever couple of years and have much better performance.
    And that's the easiest way of keeping up with rising specs. But well built systems with intelligently chosen components have a tendency of hanging in there. I can tell you that a Lenovo Thinkpad T42 (ages old) can still run Traktor Pro as well as anything out there if it's given a little love. I would own them exclusively if they weren't so ugly, because they run like champs.

Panasonic Toughbook's* work out £1000 cheaper for a more rugged (and faster) machine! ... if I was in the market for a purely rugged lappie thats the route i'd take.
    Do you know how well Toughbooks run audio applications?

...the last thing I want is my computer having the plug pulled on it without being shut down properly!!
    If I were DJing a gig from a generator and using something like this, I would be sure to have a small UPS in the rack. But if you do lose power, the laptop being able to run off batteries isn't going to save the gig.

This just arrived for me today!

http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products...W8EWEZZAM.html

I have Win7-64 and 2GBs of RAM coming any day now. My friend works for Panasonic and hooked me up with an insane price so I couldn't say no.

I'll let you know how it works in a few weeks

Hey- cool. It has a sensible aspect ratio! I wish there were more laptops available like that these days.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I could build a better one myself for half the money but I dont have the need right now.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Do you know how well Toughbooks run audio applications?
    No, but I have worked long enough in IT and audio industry to know how a computer of that spec SHOULD run audio applications if the OS is set up correctly. I look forward to hearing what Paka Ono has to say about his one.

Tech Guru

I have never seen any1 dj with the oovj or dj. I know loads of mobile djs aswell and they have no interest in such a product at that price.

They do use high quality parts in it. Im a bit confused at there choice of using 64x windows 7. that 2tb sas drive aint cheap aswell. the specs are so low on the pc it makes the price very questionable. they should be using ddr3 ram these days without question.

This is deffently not aimed at the dj tech tools sort of crowd. Mobile djs is who its for, not sure i know of any with 3.5K to throw at a laptop tho. they are not selling many looking at there turnover, at the price tho for company size they would only need to sell about 10 a month.

There is alot of pretty unsavvy mobile djs in the uk who would buy this. if i was guna get my pants pulled down id buy a mac, i think around the 1500 price is far more sensible for this product, but they probly cant sell it for that cuz they simply dont make enuf

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

And a 21' Imac is actually 4kg lighter and roughly the same dimentions !!! Thats alot of bags o' sugar

They should have at least included a programmable industrial keyboard and hotswap drive trays for that kinda price

I honestly don't see the value for mobile djs at that price point.

I would use this more for a live ableton set. Something where the power of a laptop just doesn't cut it. I would also be much more interested if they were just selling the case without a mobo etc in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12