Vestax Spin Traktor and iPad 2
    Tech Convert

Default Vestax Spin Traktor and iPad 2

I use my Vestax Spin with Traktor right now and would like to use my iPad 2 as an FX control with it. Kind of like a midi fighter config or something. I have touchosc on my ipad and i want to know if this is possible to get this to work. Anyone have any ideas, it would be very helpful.

I have a very similar setup. With the addition of a MIDI Fighter :-)

TouchOSC works like a champ. I love it. You can catch me in other threads extolling its majesty. You'll need OSCulator on the Mac to get it to turn your OSC commands from TouchOSC into MIDI commands for Traktor.

What TouchOSC can do is limited only by your imagination. I'm currently developing a page of configurations (quant on/off, crossfader curve, etc), a page that controls all of the FX units, every knob, switch and button, and 2 pages that do looping/cue points/etc. I've got plans for a page that does nothing but the wobble bass/guitar solo effect ala Ean's "Ozzy" routine.

Whatever you think up you can do!
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Tech Convert

So how do I set up the tsi files? Would you happen to have a touchosc layout also?

You set up the .tsi files just like you would for anything else. After you've set up the MIDI conversion in OSCulator, it functions the same as any other control inside Traktor.

I'm not done with my controls by any means. I could post them so you could get the basic jist of where they're headed, if that's what you're asking. At least 1 of the pages is fully functional at the moment.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda

There's also a program called Midi Touch for iPad which doesn't require a translation program.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Midi Touch is a great program, but it doesn't have an editor for the Mac that I know of. That's the big advantage of TouchOSC, you can create your layout on your laptop and do so much faster and more precise than you could on your iPad.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda

Fair enough! I don't have an iPad, and I've tried TouchOSC on my G1 ipod touch but never really bothered to set it up properly, so I guess I'm not the man to ask!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Default iPad Midi Fighter

Traktor Scratch Pro 1.24, Vci 100 FW 1.4,Vestax PDX 2000,Vestax PMC 580 Pro. Audio 8 dj, iPad 2