Producing on a PC.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJew View Post
    Anyway try out the 3 i mentioned above...Ableton, Logic and Pro Tools, see which one feels best.
    He's on PC so Logic is out :/

Ah....that could be a problem :-) Damn apple for buying Emagic !

Ok then definitely try Ableton and Pro Tools then dude.

Tech Wizard

All of DAW are just a tools
    you must know what kind of tools do you need to use
    then you'll got the anser for your self

For starting out I am convinced that it's best to just go with what's popular. That means Ableton for DAW, Massive for your main synth, and Izotope Ozone for mastering. It's just easier to learn with these tools because there's better resources. There's people on forums that use the same thing to collaborate with, and higher quality tutorials online. You'll find it easy to create the sounds you are familiar with in your favorite tracks because those producers are using the same tools.

I had a lot of fun and learned a lot with other tools, but I really didn't start to feel confident as a producer until I moved over to these tools.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by TWD View Post
    For starting out I am convinced that it's best to just go with what's popular. That means Ableton for DAW, Massive for your main synth, and Izotope Ozone for mastering. It's just easier to learn with these tools because there's better resources. There's people on forums that use the same thing to collaborate with, and higher quality tutorials online. You'll find it easy to create the sounds you are familiar with in your favorite tracks because those producers are using the same tools.
    and this, dear kids, is why 99% of all releases sound the fucking same. this is the reason why out of ~3000 tracks I listen to each shopping session, I buy less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DJew View Post
    Damn apple for
    ...existing.

Chhers chaps.

Might get myself a free trial of Ableton and have a fiddle. I might even try ableton, fnaaaaaaaaaaar!
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12