I'm so cool!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so cool!

Default I'm so cool!

Well, my laptop is so cool!

I bet my laptop will be pretty unique on the DJ scene now

Not sure if I 100% trust it yet. I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop, which came with a crappy 1.86GHz Celeron M540 single core CPU and 1GB and Windows Vista. To be honest, it's always been pretty solid using Traktor and even likes of Ableton.

Due to my utter coolness I now have a Dell Inspiron 1520 shell with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo CPU, 4GB RAM and running OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard. Done a bit of testing and pushing and it's an absolute beast of a machine now!

An already super solid laptop (even at low specs) should now be not only unique, but a cracking machine too now it's running a retail version of OS X Snow Leopard on it!

Now tell me that's not cool and unique!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

My brother in law has a macbook running windows xp, and i think is the coolest computer joke !!

Controller: Reloop Digital Jockey Master Edition
    Laptop: Acer Travelmate 4101 Wlmi (WinXP)
    Dj Software: Traktor Pro

Tech Wizard

Running OSX on a PC? Sorry, not cool or unique.

Its great that you're excited about it though, thats all that matters.

Running Windows via BootCamp on a Mac is easy. The other way is LOADS more complex and fickle so the goal seems greater than it actually is it seems....
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    The other way is LOADS more complex and fickle so the goal seems greater than it actually is it seems....
    I know, i tried it, just for fun with no success at all.
    A new Mac is beyond my budget, so i buy an used windows laptop without battery by 50€, and i have it running Windows XP and Traktor only.
    An amazing unbeatable stability/price ratio !!
    Last edited by Rasti Datajay; 03-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Tech Mentor

I thought parallels was the way to go now altho I dual boot the old way via the bios myself atm.

...... But I also thought these threads weren't allowed here

So I'll say IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    ...... But I also thought these threads weren't allowed here
    The Mac OS X EULA says something like "thou shalt not install OS X on non-Apple-labeled hardware".
    Anyway is a little bit pointless to do it because you put the stability of the Macos at risk

But is totally legal to run Windows XP on a Mac (just to make a good joke i think)

And yes, i think this is not the place to talk about "gray areas" on fair use of software..
    Last edited by Rasti Datajay; 03-24-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Tech Mentor

"non apple labeled hardware"...

Put an apple sticker on it, and it's apple labeled imo...

Tech Guru

They make it hard enough/not optimized for other hardware that alot of ppl dont want/know how to put it on their computers.

Unless you feel like editing a bunch of kexts, its better to just buy the hardware that someone else has proven to work.

I known for the inspirons there was alot of guides, custom built computers like mine...not so much.

What I'm getting at is that apple doesn't have to worry about this like musicians have to worry about torrent sites, and alot of ppl buy macbooks if they want OS X.

Only reason I was fiddling with it was because s4 was so poorly programmed for windows but thats like a 1/100 chance for software.

i'm baffled by this thread. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast