ot-ish: Motorola and Google have created a beast!

Default ot-ish: Motorola and Google have created a beast!

I bought the latest 'droid phone today, the Motorola Atrix, and all i can say is WOW. It's the first phone to sport a...wait for it... dual core processor! Along with it's 1gb of ram, 16gb of on-board storage space, expandle to an extra 32gb or micro sd storage, this is some serious power for a phone. The wicked thing about this device is that Motorola has created a Lapdock accessory. It's basically a laptop, but its only a screen and keyboard. You need to dock the Atrix into it to act as its brain and it gives you Usb ports!

What i'm thinking is, imagine the day where you can have all of your music + your djing software in a phone more than powerful enough to run it all. You have everything you need on hand to play and improvised gig! Pull out the lapdock and no one even knows the stuff is coming from your phone!

I like where technology is going.
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

i could see mixxx running on that
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I think the commercials they have been running do not really do it justice. They make it sound like a joke. But yeah the new gen phones are basically dual core computers that can make phone calls! I phone 5 will have this and a bigger screen as well.
    Time to get a new phone!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've got two phone upgrades on my account just waiting on the iPhone 5
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Nice looking phone. I like the laptop keyboard/screen accessory.

One day i need to upgrade my phone.

Tech Mentor

I'm sitting on my upgrades also but waiting for the HTC Pyramid or the LG 3D dual core phones to come out in the next couple o months. Gotta future proof my phone at least a little bit this time since I picked up the G1 just a few months before a bunch of much nicer (spec wise) Android phones hit the market. And they stopped updating it after 1.6 so no Flash for me. But soon it will all be mine 4.3" screen, dual core, Gingerbread... mmmmuhhaahaahhaaa!!!!

I feel like I'm getting old... I've been hard pressed to find a reason to upgrade my 3gs. Honestly, it does everything I need without problem.