Vocal Syncing Time Stretching Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vocal Syncing Time Stretching Help

For awhile now i've been trying to work out how to sync vocals to my Trance mixes. Now I know that I have to time stretch the vocals so I use MixMeister BPM Analyzer to find the tempo and then use wavelab 6 to time stretch the vocals. once the wav file is time stretched I drop the file onto ableton live 8 it setups the tempo. But when I play it to other people I know who are more musically trained they say its out of time. Because im unsure of where the vocals should go "are the vocals supposed to land on every beat.

I have included an example http://www.sendspace.com/file/seo6y5

I did read in a book that the best way of getting vocals to sync or fit to your music is to sample every phase for example "I'm walking in the air" would be
    "I'm" "Walking" "in" "the" "Air" I did try this single shot idea and retrigger them with redrum in reason but it didn't feel natural it sounded more like an robot which is ok for electro songs.
    One of my friends told me to use Melodyne for vocals and rewire it to ableton live 8 which I did but again I don't seem to be able to workout how to get the vocals into perfect time. I'm ok getting samples and sound into perfect pitch. I was thinking of trying to use cakewalk sonar maybe,, my system cannot use Pro tools and I don't know if I can get logic pro 9 for PC.
    If I place warp marks on every phase of a vocal in live will it be in time...?

As you can see I need help
    Last edited by soloquest; 03-22-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: update

Default Warp Marks help and understanding

If I do this in live to a vocal and place warp marks on every phase will that put it into time

Last edited by soloquest; 03-22-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Missed I & and

Default Vocal grooves

Besides getting the tempo right do you have to get the grooves of the vocals as well...?

Default Recycling Vocals Rex2

Propellerhead Recycle Rex2 the vocals, doesn't seem to work for tempo syncing the vocals.

Default Dj software

I did try to use DJ software to drop the whole acapella onto a virtual DJ Turntable and then place my original music along side the acapella, but again no luck so I'm stuck I don't know where im going work

Last edited by soloquest; 03-22-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: picture wrong place

Default Beat Match and Acapella

Does anybody know how to Beat match an acapella is it best to cut it up in to small parts or use the whole acapella..?

depends on the source of the acapella

if you know that it is spot on the BMP of the corresponding track, you can use it just in one piece (if you keep the tempo)

if the track tempo and the vocal tempo are too far off, you better just use bits of the acapella and leave the vocal-tempo as set.

regarding leaving or cutting.. what works for one acapella, may not work for another! you're just going to have to find the 'groove' on a track by track basis.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    regarding leaving or cutting.. what works for one acapella, may not work for another! you're just going to have to find the 'groove' on a track by track basis.
    I know in live that you can extract the groove from an audio sample. So I was wondering if I extract the groove from the vocal and then use that template on my original music. I dont think the sing is singing to a set time because it live the vocals land on some beats and miss other beats.

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    depends on the source of the acapella

if you know that it is spot on the BMP of the corresponding track, you can use it just in one piece (if you keep the tempo)

if the track tempo and the vocal tempo are too far off, you better just use bits of the acapella and leave the vocal-tempo as set.
    I was told by another producer to use Fruityloops and cut up various pieces of the acapella and then put the samples back into live ready to rewire reason to the vocals.

I'm unsure how to get the vocals in time, If the vocals land on every beat or you can loop the vocals like a drumloop does this mean there in time...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast