GameBoy Advanced as a Controller?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GameBoy Advanced as a Controller?

I have an old GameBoy Advanced and I was just thinking about setting it up for deck C and a Deck D. Is that Possible?
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

might be theoretically possible, doubt it's easy though... It doesn't output button press info in any useable way as standard so you'd have to do some serious hacking and I doubt it's worth it.

It's not like a USB gamepad which outputs HID information through its cable.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

sounds like a unique approach. Keep us posted if you follow through with this. i'm interested in seeing if this is doable. i have a few old gameboys lying around somewhere i'd like to utilize for mixes haha.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The first step is how are you going to connect it to the computer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The first step is how are you going to connect it to the computer?
    In other words, this
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Well, You guys do make a lot of sense... It would take serious hacking, Probably cost a lot, And how Would I connect it to the computer? Well I just have to look for more research. If I can maybe cut some wires and hook up a USB Port to the charger I can maybe solve that. But again A lot of hacking and work. Plus I would have to figure out how to map it for Traktor. But thanks for the replies...

mapping it for traktor would be easy to do with a HID - MIDI translator program, but yeh, the buttons send info to the processor and not out of a usb port. Try doing it with a cheap USB gamepad off ebay, that's a fun little project.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    mapping it for traktor would be easy to do with a HID - MIDI translator program, but yeh, the buttons send info to the processor and not out of a usb port. Try doing it with a cheap USB gamepad off ebay, that's a fun little project.
    That would be a cool little project. I might actually Think of doing it. Thats a really cool idea.

Do a search for bitmasters, or chiptunes. 1 gameboy + 1 special cartrage and you have full control over the 8 or 16 bit sound chip. Youtube has some pretty good videos with this. 8 bit the new dubstep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast