Slightly OT, but regarding gear.

Default Slightly OT, but regarding gear.

This doesn't have to do with "i need to know how to connect x to y" or anything like that so don't worry.

I just want to know how many people on here finance gear? It's just something i've been pondering because even though my paychecks are steady, they come out every week so saving is a lot harder than you would expect, with financing i can get the gear now, practice and hopefully get it to start paying for itself , while paying slightly more in the long run.

Thoughts?
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

I'd never, ever buy something on credit expecting it to help pay for itself. You have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in the future and you could just end up in a lot of trouble.

Save up man, it's not hard. Just get a second bank account, put a little in it each payday and leave it the fuck alone.

fair enough on the respect getting it to pay for itself, but so far my big "investment" is my wedding in two years.

thats about as much thought as i have put into it, but i wanted to get others experience with the idea.

Thanks dude!
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I'd never, ever buy something on credit expecting it to help pay for itself. You have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in the future and you could just end up in a lot of trouble.

Save up man, it's not hard. Just get a second bank account, put a little in it each payday and leave it the fuck alone.
    I completely agree with this post. But, I am using paypal's BillMeLater to help bolster my credit rating. I was able to set aside $700 for a technics 1200, which I put in my savings account. I used BillMeLater, which allows me to take a "loan" out for the $600 odd dollars the turntable cost. I have six months to pay it before I have to pay interest. I will pay the turntable off a month before my final payment is due. Something you should understand when financing anything that if you end up going over your allotted time, the interest you pay on is the interest accrued from when you first bought the item. So in my case, if I don't pay off the turntable before the six month mark, I will owe the principle, plus the interest @ 19.99% x six months. You have to be very careful when doing these "six months same as cash" deals.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial